Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
I agree with you DrDiet the 6 potters aren't bad brakes but the weather over here 'destroys' them. Show them a couple of wet country lane rides and they need a thorough going over, something that most riders never do.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yup the radial Gen 2 Busa brakes i have are much better than the previous oem XX brakes for sure! Just part of the benefit in upgrading the stock XX front end vs improving the suspension alone and leaving the brakes stock. To do it all cost wise you may as well go current USD if able.

Sent from the mothership

·
Registered
380 Posts
i believe so not sure about 08 and up nut from 03-07 1000-600 with u can also go sp1 rc51 or ps2 forkes and sp1 triple <br>im using a 600rr front end now its a straight bolt on <br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIjrIEYIJA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIjrIEYIJA</a>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i believe so not sure about 08 and up nut from 03-07 1000-600 with u can also go sp1 rc51 or ps2 forkes and sp1 triple
im using a 600rr front end now its a straight bolt on
Cbr 1100 with cbr 600 fairings - YouTube
Hi, turbo. Great idea. Thanks for the information. I'm still pondering on all the viable solutions while saving up for the project.

Which year of the CBR600RR did you use? Has the direct bolt-on front end of the CBR600RR changed the CBR1100XX geometry? How has the handling changed? Did you change the fork springs? How about damping? Are the CBR600RR brakes fast and efficient enough to stop the CBR1100XX? Any other issues?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi, turbo. Great idea. Thanks for the information. I'm still pondering on all the viable solutions while saving up for the project.

Which year of the CBR600RR did you use? Has the direct bolt-on front end of the CBR600RR changed the CBR1100XX geometry? How has the handling changed? Did you change the fork springs? How about damping? Are the CBR600RR brakes fast and efficient enough to stop the CBR1100XX? Any other issues?
the forks are shorter, so there will be less trail and rake. I'm sure the OP will comment on handling. Seeing as how the OEM XX fork springs are too soft, the even-softer 600RR springs would be _way_ too soft. The brakes on any year CBR600RR are hugely better than the OEM XX brakes, so no worries there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So been thinking a lot about this. The only reason i think the honda to honda swap is better is beacause it is closer to the original (not much machining needed) but is it trustworthy turbo? Also i see in your video there is no lock on the top yoke. Does the rr clamp fit the Xx's lock and hiss system? Also wouldn't it be better to use a cbr 1000rr front end? Just asking because here in greece there aren't any workshops ready to take on these modifications in a way that will work

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
....Also wouldn't it be better to use a cbr 1000rr front end? ...
very short forks that are designed to work with a lighter bike. You would certainly have to re-spring and almost certainly re-valve. Then either lengthen the forks or accept that you will scrape the fairing lowers....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts