Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omg… I never thought I'd be lured away from our beloved BBs and am still not BUT… (and forgive me if I'm very very late to this party) if we could get a Bird to mate with this Beast (turbine powered 250mph road legal stupidly expensive ugly duckling) it would be like Einstein mated with Monroe (his brains her looks not the other way round for those who aren't familiar with when they did actually meet).

Okay not that ugly but not BB pretty either.
What do we think? Whip her turbine out into a BB… @TheDuck, you up for that?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's something none of us has done… "a tubular aluminum frame containing the bike’s transmission fluids and reserve tank" though the "rear-mounted camera with LCD color display" is so done by many of us (me to play catch up).

·
Registered
911 Posts
Mallow, yes. I love these things. They are built about 100miles away from where I lived in New Orleans. Have to admit that I never actually saw one.
Crazy specs... 100-200mph quicker than 0-100mph. Ability to melt the front bumper of any car that gets too close at the lights. Worlds best exhaust note? Fuel economy measured by the hour, not by the mile. Have to sell the house to buy one. Also, there may be some negatives, but can't think of any right now.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mallow, yes. I love these things.…
Crazy specs... Have to sell the house to buy one.
Like a Bugatti Vayron (Sp?) of the bike world I gather they go for £1.8million per custom tailored fit!

Recon we can find a crashed used one for peanuts to play with?

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you crash one, you and the machine will most certainly be going to meet your maker.

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
When I was down in the deepest West Country some years ago with GrahamC. We went to the house of somebody who had a fixation with jet motors from tiny ones that would fit in the palm of your hand to full size avation turbines. They were everywhere in his house including first and second stages on the stairs! He had one mounted on the flat bed of a 4 wheeler truck which apparently was the scourge of local hedges. Graham and I decided that a small helicopter motor was the way to go after a few measurements ........

·
Super Moderator
8,902 Posts
The turbines Y2K uses are what is used in the Helo's. They also used to install them in pickup trucks and a car as well.
Then there's the Granetelli turbines that Andy used in Indy. Before they banned them
Then a couple of those found there way into a couple of Corvette's. They did a piece on one of them that was street legal. I want to say Dan Gurney was the test driver. General input was make sure you had it pointed in the direction you were headed. Because it ate up ground at a alarming rate LOL.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What about these new mini jets that the Brit guys who make the flying suits. They seem small enough to have m/c potential and they 3D print them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts