Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Can anyone out there warn me of any wrinkles that I might incur in changing the standard windscreen, to a double bubble. I am a tall guy, and find that the flies and general road muck are plastered all over my visor, so need a taller screen. Any suggestions as to the best, as there are so many out there, difficult to make a decision as to the correct choice.:idunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Changing the Windscreen

Conqsoft - Thanks for that. Now all I need to do is find a screen that will fit the bill.:)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Re: Changing the Windscreen

If you're looking at maximum coverage from the weather elements, the Zero Gravity "Sport Touring" windscreen is just the ticket. It is *substaintially* larger thant stock, yet doesn't look too obtrusive on the bike.

First photo: It practically covers up my (at the time) 3-year-old daughter Rachel.

Second Photo: Taken on the way down to the Utah 1088 Endurance Rally last June. Note different Aux Driving Lamps... these are the 50-watt Big Gun HID Driving Lamps! :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Windscreen Options

When I originally bought my bike I had some problems with the wind coming up under my chin and pulling up my helmet at speeds say 90+. The addition of a Laminar Lip cured that problem but somehow, somewhere I lost that thing out in the Nevada desert.

Before I lost it I had acquired a huge oscillation/vibration in the windscreen at speed. I'm talking the windscreen bouncing (almost) off the clutch/brake reservoirs (may have been the lip was loose) at about 125 :devil:. Anyways, before I replace that fugly thing what are you using and how is you high speed wind condition?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Re: Windscreen Options

Anyways, before I replace that fugly thing what are you using and how is you high speed wind condition?
Brian... I, um, sorta have to remove the SEANG Edging to participate in events like BLISTER or White Pine Fever... :evilaugh:

During Day I on BLISTER, I was smoking along HWY 140 headed toward Winnemucca, and was a little behind where I wanted to be. So as I began to approach XX-Nominal speeds, the SEANG Edging didn't want to remain in place. :eek:

It spent the rest of the event in my tankbag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently purchased a touring screen from aussie manufacturer Eagle Screens. Excellent quality and a nice price.
Eagle Screens Australia - Motorcycle Screens

They make double bubbles also, in fact they have several different styles for birds, and they're available in various tints. They don't have any pics of their models on their website, but they will email them to you if you contact them. I'd post them here myself but I don't seem to be able to attach MS Word documents. :idunno:

Here's some pics of my touring screen anyhoo...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I've got a Puig double bubble. Great fit and quality, but I still get lots'o'bugs. Unless you get one of the taller screens like those posted earlier in this thread, I think you'll get them. This shield is better at screening wind than stock, but it also buffets the head more unless tucked down - which is not my normal riding position and I don't find comfortable unless riding at "Warchild XX-nominal" speeds.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a stock '02 screen on my '00. It has little more bubble and height than my stock screen. I also have a "Touring" version of the Laminar Lip for use on longer jaunts. I'm a big guy and this thing works well for me. It's pretty stable at speed (+5 or maybe a little more:eyebrows: ).

1 - 20 of 78 Posts