Honda CBR XX Forum banner
161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh I agree completely in the idea that a XX turboed would be much more ideal....especially my XX in my RR frame.
I don't plan on boosting the ZX11 much, I really just want to test the waters with my fabrication abilities and have a fun ZX11 for cheap, and have the wicked turbo sound...I'm getting the running, non-wrecked, and clean titled bike for 500bucks so I really can't pass that up.
I will still have my XX motor to rebuild..... turbo bird build will happen eventually for me!

-----------------------
This bike build of mine here is getting a good bit my attention lately....should be finished up somewhat soon though. Once it and a CX500 is done that I am also building is done, then I can get back to the XX.
i would put a draw thre setup motor in the 900 engine
frame is light ton of space to fab and u can easy push 200 hp out of it

·
Registered
380 Posts
Take a moment to check his web site. E mail him. Many Vancouver riders and racers use his service. I wanted to take my Bird to his shop but he's so busy during race season and Life and timing just got in the way. Good luck. You have one fast bike there for sure. You can even truck your bike to his shop and make a day trip out of it:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
its pretty damn far but if i decide to go i will take all 4 turbo bikes 1 shot to dyno them ;) thanks and i will look into it

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
its pretty damn far but if i decide to go i will take all 4 turbo bikes 1 shot to dyno them ;) thanks and i will look into it
Honda | 2 Wheel DynoWorks Here's Nel's Home Page. He has written to me informing me that he has just worked on a BlackBird and he'd love to tune my Bird. Just wish I could truck it down there just for that. Yes, you'd need a big truck and some organization to cross the border. Hope you have no issues from your teenage years that would provent that. Especially since you're not far from #20 through the N Cascades and a lovely scenic ride with some great mnt roads. You better start writing to Santa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would put a draw thre setup motor in the 900 engine
frame is light ton of space to fab and u can easy push 200 hp out of it
Turboing this one is a plan eventually.... but for now I actually don't have too much room unless I make new intake boots and get different carbs to angle them upright... I don't really love the air flow that the carbs would get with this beginning look of an "airbox" even if I do put individual pipes to each carb to provide smoother airflow...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Turboing this one is a plan eventually.... but for now I actually don't have too much room unless I make new intake boots and get different carbs to angle them upright... I don't really love the air flow that the carbs would get with this beginning look of an "airbox" even if I do put individual pipes to each carb to provide smoother airflow...

believe it or not this will just work and seen it done on gsxr1100 slabby with bigger box between the fram tubes

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, so I have a 1997 cbr1100xx blackbird and was trying to look into this. If the blackbird motor will bolt rite up into a fireblade frame?

Thankya sir! Still some things I will change around and paint and whatnot, but she is basically done :D.... now looking into the next part of the project MOOAAR POWAAHHhh.... Debating between turbo or big bore and dyna 2000.... I originally took the project on with the plan to eventually turbo it so I really would like to do that.... BUT having never ridden a turbo bike, but knowing how a turbo car rides as far as power delivery, I'm not too sure if a turbo would fit my riding style- I like to cruise around normal speed, and then when I come to a corner I open her up....

Thanks! ME TOO! :smilebig:
This forum has been an invaluable resource while doing this build- I used that search button a billion time. PLUS it was the first place that showed me the XX motor into the RR as an option!....end result- I LOVE IT!:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
97 birds dont have HISS..Pretty sure nowhere in the world! The tps if left unpluged could be the issue man. Also check grounding on the coils. See if the low voltage of the coils is getting any input too, should give you a good clue what's what. If no low voltage on coils, check the output of the ecu of that cable next. If that comes back to zero, then you know the ecu is not producing any pulse for the coils, hence you need to look elsewhere. I assume the starter motor kicks in fine and you are getting fuel no? Also whats the battery voltage man? If below 12V charge her up, birds dont like low voltages, makes them go funny...
When you say make sure coils are grounded, they don't have to be mounted to the frame to work right?

161 - 171 of 171 Posts