Honda CBR XX Forum banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spent pretty much the entire afternoon out on the road.... Holy shiznit. The blackbird motor is one of a kind....
SO MUCH POWAHH....ALOT, and I mean A LOT more torque than the original 893cc cbr900rr mill....

Made a little stop for a photo shoot and this one was by far my favorite...though I think I exceeded the MAX HP LIMIT...whoops.... :p

Still need to paint the exhaust so it all matches and buff up the muffler, add USD forks to it, and figure out what to run for the headlight- I'm still undecided on what I want.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice! Lovely bike you built yourself there man!
:)
Thankya sir! Still some things I will change around and paint and whatnot, but she is basically done :D.... now looking into the next part of the project MOOAAR POWAAHHhh.... Debating between turbo or big bore and dyna 2000.... I originally took the project on with the plan to eventually turbo it so I really would like to do that.... BUT having never ridden a turbo bike, but knowing how a turbo car rides as far as power delivery, I'm not too sure if a turbo would fit my riding style- I like to cruise around normal speed, and then when I come to a corner I open her up....

Good to see the bike on the road :clap:
Thanks! ME TOO! :smilebig:
This forum has been an invaluable resource while doing this build- I used that search button a billion time. PLUS it was the first place that showed me the XX motor into the RR as an option!....end result- I LOVE IT!:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah I have a big love affair with the twisties.... which the super torquey blackbird motor seems to be AWESOME for, when combined in my light and very nimble 900rr chassis. But I sort of just want a turbo bike, to have a turbo bike haha.... I suppose I'll have to see how my supermoto build goes....

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Banned
279 Posts
I was thinking about putting a Honda V6 engine from a Rover 827 in the blackbird but its the gear shift and final drive I need to work on:huh:

Whats the verdict on the insane carbon build up and white on valves ?

I read somewhere that using fully synthetic damages or fouls up the Blackbird.:nono: I've put it in mine this year at 52000 miles, so i'll see.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Wow, that's ugly. As for full synthetic, that's a the same myth constantly perpetrated fro the GB side of the Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah its pretty bad no doubt.... not sure what the original cause of it was yet.... prolly just gonna check out the piston rings and see if any are broken, and then just do a rebuild....
unless i could part this out for something fair. It ran the way it was, just was AWFUL with starting when it was cold.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
16,683 Posts
Was it losing coolant?

121 - 140 of 171 Posts