Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone out there has some decent condition yoshi slip on dual exhaust mufflers. Not looking for the full header system, just the replacement cans, pipes, and mounting brackets aft of the header outputs. I prefer to keep the stock header with the O2 sensor intact, just bolt on newish lighter weight mufflers that sound better than stock. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,479 Posts
Joel
Be mindful putting the slipons will open up airflow. The 02 birds are known to develop a lean surge with the stock cans and factory program. It shows up at around 70 to 80 Mph.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting... Didn't know that! Although my reference to O2, as in oxygen, was for the air sensor in the header, right by the junction. Not necessarily a reference to a particular year. Still that's good to know. Would that be a problem with any slip ons as well as full exhaust systems? I have seen full systems without that sensor in place.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm running the Yoshi cans they are nice sounding but as for performance i haven't noticed any change in the power curve pulling through the rev range , but i did buy the bike with them on so i cant compare to the stock but no real issue.

·
Super Moderator
8,479 Posts
Most put in a bypass plug. The system will run normal without it. Honda put it in there to enable the system to run the bike at stouich. Which is 14.7 afr. Works great for emissions but sucks for driveability. 13.8 is where you want it st cruise and 12.5 at for acceleration.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Most put in a bypass plug. The system will run normal without it. Honda put it in there to enable the system to run the bike at stouich. Which is 14.7 afr. Works great for emissions but sucks for driveability. 13.8 is where you want it st cruise and 12.5 at for acceleration.
so unplugging the o2 sensor and putting in a bypass plug does what exactly or if indeed needed with slipons

·
Super Moderator
8,479 Posts
so unplugging the o2 sensor and putting in a bypass plug does what exactly or if indeed needed with slipons
It keeps the system from taking out fuel and making it lean. It will run at the factory default fueling. The plug simulates the heater circuit of the O2 sensor. That's all the computer is looking for fault wise. If it see's an open in the heater circuit it will flag a FI code.
If you do the delete and only install slipons you should be safe. Honda typically fuels rich for a safety factor. Doing just cans or an airfilter alone puts you safe. Do both and you'll have to correct.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It keeps the system from taking out fuel and making it lean. It will run at the factory default fueling. The plug simulates the heater circuit of the O2 sensor. That's all the computer is looking for fault wise. If it see's an open in the heater circuit it will flag a FI code.
If you do the delete and only install slipons you should be safe. Honda typically fuels rich for a safety factor. Doing just cans or an airfilter alone puts you safe. Do both and you'll have to correct.
thanks for the info i think ive got the K&N filter from memory i cleaned it this year. i could try and put a bypass on the bike anyone made their own? would the fuel consumption go up or down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was hoping someone out there has some decent condition yoshi slip on dual exhaust mufflers. Not looking for the full header system, just the replacement cans, pipes, and mounting brackets aft of the header outputs. I prefer to keep the stock header with the O2 sensor intact, just bolt on newish lighter weight mufflers that sound better than stock. Thanks!
Hello, I have Yoshi slip ons, I have cut them down to 10", nice sounds, better looks (I think so).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts