Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a replacement tach since mine got toasted during my recent electrical problem. I was hoping to fix the old circuit board but that seems unlikely at this point so I figured I would start looking for a replacement. All I need is a serviceable tach so if the rest of the gauge cluster is damaged from a wreck it doesn't matter so long as the tach is still working. My bird is a 97 so to be safe as far as compatibility goes the unit should probably be from an analog gauge cluster. PM me or email to [email protected].

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Would an analog FI one work? .... it has the HISS light where as the Carb versions dont. I've got one, that's why I'm asking .... but your also over there so postage + customs could be a killer ....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be fine as i only plan on using the internals out of the tach and they should be the same. Post from across the pond might be a bit much tho. I got one response from someone here state side who is going to look in their parts stash. If That doesn't work and I dont get any other leads I'll get in touch with you Scrappy. The only one on ebay is $285 for a full gauge cluster which is more than I'm willing to shell out for just the tach so postage might be worth it.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
DSC01267.JPG DSC01268.JPG DSC01269.JPG DSC01274.JPG

There are 4 normal resistors ...
Also check your chip for minute cracks or a slight bubble indicating it's blown ... also check the capacitor tops for bulging or leaking from the top ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is really interesting. My unit only has two resistors. However looking at the board on my unit it has the solder points for the additional resistors on your unit. I wonder if it's a European vs US bird thing. The one resistor I have that matches up the color codes are the same, so I think this gives me all the information I need to try and repair my unit. Thanks a lot Scrappy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts