Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!
My name is Chris, i am the proud owner of a 2004 super blackbird and im looking for a fairing set at a decent price. All im finding are chinese products with a low quality or OEM parts that are expensive as hell. I am located in Romania. Im open for discussions and details. Thank you and have a nice day!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The chinese ones can be found in good quality. I have a set coming from a reputable supplier.
Postage at the moment is taking 8+ weeks though.
I paid 450 USD for my set.

Yout won't find original panels cheaply or in good condition. If you wanted a set in good condition in Australia, it would cost around 800 USD+
In Romania you may find a set from the UK or similar cheaply.

Can you get your set re-painted? Labour must be cheap in Romania?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The chinese ones can be found in good quality. I have a set coming from a reputable supplier.
Postage at the moment is taking 8+ weeks though.
I paid 450 USD for my set.

Yout won't find original panels cheaply or in good condition. If you wanted a set in good condition in Australia, it would cost around 800 USD+
In Romania you may find a set from the UK or similar cheaply.

Can you get your set re-painted? Labour must be cheap in Romania?
Hello, mate, thank you for your reply. Repairing/Repainting the fairings costs a lot of money here, but not as expensive as a new set. Its pretty close, though. The other big problem is to find someone skilled to do it. And ive come up empty on that. Thing is there isnt that much of on offer for parts in Romania when it comes to the Blackbird, and if there is, the owners ask quite a hefty price. Even if its used. Another option is to do it myself, but i dont have another set to practice on. Thats what im looking for, right now. Peace!

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
A complete set of brand new fairings from China cost around $450-00 AUD Delivered, That Includes Postage,
$350-00 USD, Delivered, Includes Postage,

Do not buy Thermoform Fairings, They are pure Crap, I bought a set, The fit up was crap and no where near the bikes holes, Tags were all over the place and fell off, The head light tags I had to remake.
Paint was dodgy as well,

A complete set includes all Fairings and infils, 12 Peices, In any colour you want,
Does not include Mirrors or Tank,

Injected Fairings are the best, I have a set on my 05 Bird, Fit up was excellent, Paint was very good,
They came with all the stickers already on the Fairings,
Tell them what colour XX you want on your Fairings, as well as the full colour you want,

Cheers Brian,
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
74 Posts
A complete set of brand new fairings from China cost around $450-00 AUD Delivered, That Includes Postage,
$350-00 USD, Delivered, Includes Postage,

Do not buy Thermoform Fairings, They are pure Crap, I bought a set, The fit up was crap and no where near the bikes holes, Tags were all over the place and fell off, The head light tags I had to remake.
Paint was dodgy as well,

A complete set includes all Fairings and infils, 12 Peices, In any colour you want,
Does not include Mirrors or Tank,

Injected Fairings are the best, I have a set on my 05 Bird, Fit up was excellent, Paint was very good,
They came with all the stickers already on the Fairings,
Tell them what colour XX you want on your Fairings, as well as the full colour you want,

Cheers Brian, View attachment 132616
Been waiting 68 days now I think - fairings still haven't arrived from China. Tracking shows departing Shanghai 35 days ago.

They now say its 2-5 months for shipping. I may end up claiming a refund and just having to repair and respray my fairings.

Be aware anyone ordering from China - huge delays in shipping now as their coal crisis is reaching boiling (sic) point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn IT to hell. I knew the bird was rare, but this is ridiculous. I hope i find something fast. Winter is coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts