Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
$50 plus shipping for the shock obo. I didn't have the VFR bars on my bird and they got bent anyway. I do have the stock bars that came with the VFR I just bought, however thery're for a 5th gen vfr and I think the birds need 6th gen vfr clip ons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
$50 plus shipping for the shock obo. I didn't have the VFR bars on my bird and they got bent anyway. I do have the stock bars that came with the VFR I just bought, however thery're for a 5th gen vfr and I think the birds need 6th gen vfr clip ons.
$50 is fine for the shock plus shipping. How can I message you?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Man, that's a sad sight, but glad you're okay. If you're still have it, let me know?

You didn't have VFR bars did you? Been watching ebay, but they don't come up much.
Greeting fellow fighter pilot! Just my 2cents! Take a look at Triumph Sprint 1050 bars! Taller than VFR and Heli! IF you can find them!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Really sorry to hear! Ugly! BUT yur safe and in one piece! Most important. AND ya gots the balls to get back on the horse! BRAVO!!! Tell me, what condition is the gas tank in? Would have it repainted gloss black, might take it if the price is right and not too damaged. Pictures? Plus shipping to Canada! Postal H8T 1N9. Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I do not have any of the tail left. I do have the tank there is a dent in it. I can get you a pic hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Greeting fellow fighter pilot! Just my 2cents! Take a look at Triumph Sprint 1050 bars! Taller than VFR and Heli! IF you can find them!
Thanks lovin, but I'm after the VFR bars so that I can get some height, without having to run longer hydraulics.

·
Registered
302 Posts
n
Thanks lovin, but I'm after the VFR bars so that I can get some height, without having to run longer hydraulics.
Actually that also was a concern of mine. BUT No worries! No need! cables are long enuff! Just need to move them around a bit and add a bolt. Bars were $90 bucks! or $71 US plus shipping from Ebay. Cheaper AND longer than VFR or Heli.

From: "Back on a 'Bird and comfy with Triumph bars!" thread.

IMG-20140501-00313.jpg
IMG-20140501-00314.jpg
IMG-20140501-00315.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
n
Actually that also was a concern of mine. BUT No worries! No need! cables are long enuff! Just need to move them around a bit and add a bolt. Bars were $90 bucks! or $71 US plus shipping from Ebay. Cheaper AND longer than VFR or Heli.

From: "Back on a 'Bird and comfy with Triumph bars!" thread.

IMG-20140501-00313.jpg
IMG-20140501-00314.jpg
IMG-20140501-00315.jpg
Looks decent, I wish there was a post about it within the past 6 years though! I found some for sale, but am curious about the difference in height and whether the bar ends have to stick out that far. I'll follow up on that other thread, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
whether the bar ends have to stick out that far. I'll follow up on that other thread, thanks!
From what I can see in the pic I'd say no. It would just be a matter of trimming the mount point down to close that gap.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks decent, I wish there was a post about it within the past 6 years though! I found some for sale, but am curious about the difference in height and whether the bar ends have to stick out that far. I'll follow up on that other thread, thanks!
No prob! Just be aware of...
Just be careful which bars you get as Triumph do low and high bars depending on which year Sprint they come from. I've got the later high bars on mine. I find them much more comfortable than the standard bars or the risers and they aren't too tricky t fit.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts