Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday, for once i was doing speed limit, I got cut off in the highway on ramp by a kid trying to prove himself. Unfortunately i ran out of asphalt. I laid my bird as gently as I could on the right hand side. :crying:My fairing is scuffed but repairable. After I was off the bike, it flipped over to the other side, broke mirror, nose and left fairing. There fore I'm now looking for parts like LH mirror, windshield, nose, LH Lower cowl and the holy shit handle. Stator cover.

I'm starting to think about buying a fairing kit on Ebay...The ones out of Honk Hong... Anyone tried that before? What kind of quality can I expect?

Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm starting to think about buying a fairing kit on Ebay...The ones out of Honk Hong... Anyone tried that before? What kind of quality can I expect?

Thanks
Sorry to hear about your spill.

My mate got a kit from HK for his VFR800Fi. They are not OEM quality or fit but for the price they do look pretty good.

All of the tags for the lights etc are moulded in and were in the correct place.

The kit needs FITTING rather than just bolting on - most of the holes need to be opened out to fit the bolts and some of the bolts needed washers because the panels are a touch thinner and dont clamp up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to ride 140km home that night. I ruined my gloves and helmet. My jacket and pants are scuffed pretty bad but all that protection did save my ass. I have a few bruises and a missing knuckle on my pinkie and that's it.

And no the guy took off and by the time a had the bike up and damages assesed he was long gone.

the subframe for the instrument cluster had to be bent back in order for me to turn the handlebars.

Thanks for the kit information I am considering to go that way. I would just have the tank to get painted

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to keep it stock of course but looks like after market would cost half of scrached OEM to paint...:idunno: Is it worth it ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I would like to keep it stock of course but looks like after market would cost half of scrached OEM to paint...:idunno: Is it worth it ?
Send them an E-mail - they will spray the kits in almost any colour you want. ( Including OEM copy ) It just adds a couple of weeks to the delivery time.

My mate with the VFR had the Xerox Ducati scheme done on his kit.

·
Rules are meant to be broken
2,848 Posts
Sorry to hear about that some kids deserve a real:spank:
I bought some fairings from moto777 the quality looks alright,didn't put them on yet as my bike is at a friends place,just be careful with whom you purchase your plastics 99% of them are dodgy b*sterds

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Sorry to hear about your off. Your Bird flipped to the LEFT side??? Almost unheard of.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the fairing seems to come from HK prices vary 100$ or so. Hopefully I get what I ask for. The bike still runs great I made brackets to hold the headlight in place, left mirror ty-rapped on... Some think it's a cool strretfighter... I call it WarBird :)

ArmyStrong, 1- I was coming 2-the back tire was in gravel when the front hit the asphalt. So yeah it did flip and I was the first one who couldn't believe it as my ass was skimming the pavement

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
That sucks the big one. Did it happen on Deerfoot?

As for the H/K plastics, just make sure if you go that route , you go for the ones that are made out of high quality ABS. There is one complany I was looking at on Ebay, that was bosting that , unlike the other guys, their kits were made out of a better , thicker ABS material, and thats why it cost more to make.

Good luck bro.

Lois
Red Deer

·
Registered
900 Posts
My sympathy to Falcon but at least he was on his ,mine was parked outside my mums ,heard the alarm ,had a look ,bike on its side , car just drove off ,all i no was that it was a Saab .

Damaged the nose ,smashed the screen ,bent and scratched the indicator and footpeg , scratched paintwork and engine cover, man i'd like to detach their head from there neck .:thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:This happened 2 hrs ago and just nursed it back to my garage ,now gonna have a stiff drink and sulk !!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lois it happened leaving banff to get on Hwy1...
AlunCBR that sucks but doesn't look like you will need new parts. the Honda cover in the picture is 120$ Canadian... I replaced it when i bought the bike because it was scratched... 3 months later I need a new one and the instrument cluster subframe and all fairings. Yes I crashed while ridin. I had manage to do 20000km of corners before some Audi driver decided it would be fun to race a bike in the ramp.
In the street fighter version the bike is not running as good mainly because the air ram are exposed. I tried to cover them... It works below 7000rpm and then it lacks air... Looks like I might have to spend one evening tuning.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Crap......thats a long way to have to drag a bird to get it home. Oh well....if your looking for some stock stuff, try

[email protected]

they are in Stoney Plain, and I have had good success dealing with them on OEM.....ask for Russ, and tell him Lou sent you.

(who ever that guy is...LOL)

Lois

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Must be a cool dude.

·
A Rainbird Warrior
5,154 Posts
Well looks like you both have reason to be upset. I would be like alun under the circumstances. It's so infuriating when they just piss off :thumbd:

X

·
0 Posts
Look for a local Saab with damage, then confront the owner. Pack some heat.........

·
Registered
900 Posts
Problem is Watford were playing at home (football) and 4000 odd Leicester supporters were around and my mums road is one street away from the stadium ,
Just ordered off Ebay a new double bubble iridium screen for £40 , mate who owns a repair garage reckons he can plazzi weld the snapped nose panel and the paint will cost me about £120 , labour me and him will argue about, footpeg i can repair or may get two new ones
. hopefully should be back looking good in a couple weeks .

If nose panel naff then Slick Fairings ([email protected])
do
High quality GRP aftermarket part finished in gel coat ready for painting.
The fairing fits all model years both carb and injection models.
All holes are pre-drilled and fitted with metal threads where required as per the original, edges are rolled to a perfect finish.
Superbly detailed and similar in thickness and rigidity to the original, we guarantee a superb fit to the bike.
Fixings not supplied.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the tip Lois, I sent the guy an email.
Fairings are ordered 611$ can. with the OEM decals applied on it.
With a little luck I should be back on the road this year, trying to bring it to 100,000km before the winter. I'm 4000km short. But with Calgary's crazy weather we might have a long season.

·
Registered
131 Posts
As an auto body mech of 32 years now :)eek:), I've learned at times the hard way that in the long run it's well worth the extra $ to purchase o.e.m. replacement parts. Insurance companys will usually write an accident report that states the replacement parts for the job will be "LKQ", which stands for like kind & quality, or aftermarket. At first glance, they appear to be a duplicate of the original factory parts. But, when you actually fit them to the vehicle, they don't fit worth a damn. I've spent MANY hours trying to get a Taiwan import part to align properly. Often I'd rather use slightly scuffed up or damaged o.e.m. parts than brand new "import" ones. Ya get what ya pay for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts