Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Do you think Honda will come out with their own Super Tourer and/ or revive the Blackbird name?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
...I doubt Honda will ever make that mistake again...
I wouldn’t bet on that! 😡

When Marquez first crashed into his current difficulties and it became obvious that no other rider could cope with the RC213V, Honda threw out their original design and development plans to build a completely different bike - one so radically different from its predecessors that now, even Marquez can’t ride it, never mind anyone else! 🙄

In the case of the Blackbird - and of the RC213V MotoGP bike - I rate Honda’s attitude as ignorant at best, and arrogant at worst. Honda constantly asserts that it knows more than those who ride their machines, and Honda management continues to assume a divine right to “be the best”, regardless of any external factors. 😒

Water Hat Competition event Sports Event

Will Honda ever learn? 😩

Rant over! 🤪🙂😆

·
Registered
6 Posts
Too late for me. I was really keen on the BB but after looking at a few bikes I was surprised by the odd offerings. One guy tried to sell me a bike for top dollar that had 18,000 km on it, but it was clearly a bike of 200,000 km. Another wouldn’t let me test ride it until I owned it; wouldn’t even agree to handing my money back if I came back with the bike in same condition as when I rode off.

So, I’m picking up a new Suzuki GSXS1000GT tomorrow. $19,000 Australian dollars on the road. 152 HP, 226kg wet weight. No wear and tare, everything new. Warranty. LED headlights, taillight and indicators. Traction control. Cruise control. Antilock braking. 6.5” TFT dash with bluetooth connectivity for phone and two person intercom. Modern styling, although some probably wouldn’t like the sharp nose.

·
Registered
544 Posts
:LOL:.......I could have sold you mine, but it is the opposite to one of the BB's you inspected - eg it looks new with 130k KMs on it's original dash (and feels new to ride courtesy of proper maintenance and care). The perils of private sales ;)......probably why I haven't tried to sell my BB.....can't bear the thought of letting a stranger loose and possibly never seeing both again......:eek:

I had forgotten about the 1000GT. Must look at one next time I'm at my Suuzuki-Ducati-KTM dealership.

They are well priced compared to the Euro stuff and nice and light vs 260kg for the BB.

Good choice!

(y)

Reactions: Beckstar

·
Registered
6 Posts
:LOL:.......I could have sold you mine, but it is the opposite to one of the BB's you inspected - eg it looks new with 130k KMs on it's original dash (and feels new to ride courtesy of proper maintenance and care). The perils of private sales ;)......probably why I haven't tried to sell my BB.....can't bear the thought of letting a stranger loose and possibly never seeing both again......:eek:

I had forgotten about the 1000GT. Must look at one next time I'm at my Suuzuki-Ducati-KTM dealership.

They are well priced compared to the Euro stuff and nice and light vs 260kg for the BB.

Good choice!

(y)
The big problem is finding one available. It’s even hard to find one in a showroom to look at.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,728 Posts
So, I’m picking up a new Suzuki GSXS1000GT tomorrow. $19,000 Australian dollars on the road. 152 HP, 226kg wet weight. No wear and tare, everything new. Warranty. LED headlights, taillight and indicators. Traction control. Cruise control. Antilock braking. 6.5” TFT dash with bluetooth connectivity for phone and two person intercom. Modern styling, although some probably wouldn’t like the sharp nose.
If I were in the market for an equivalent I would be definitely looking at these. I'm in the same boat where I can't risk selling for test riders as I live on a dirt road. Not sure what to do, but if I got a suitable offer I probably would sell now but it would be no-ride until cash in hand.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So, I’m picking up a new Suzuki GSXS1000GT tomorrow. $19,000 Australian dollars on the road.
Looks very slick - lots of bike for less than $20K. The only thing that surprises me is no TPMS available, even as an option, but easily added as aftermarket I guess. Let us know how it rides!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looks very slick - lots of bike for less than $20K. The only thing that surprises me is no TPMS available, even as an option, but easily added as aftermarket I guess. Let us know how it rides!
:ROFLMAO:.....no TPMS,. :ROFLMAO:.......my 2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S Radar model doesn't have TPMS either!

And it was twice the Suzuki's price! :rolleyes:

Cost cutting comes to mind.

I can't be :censored:k'd buying it as an option at $286ea X 2, and it wasn't in stock when I had new tyres put on last month.....so it's old skool tyre checking monthly again.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
148,000 kays in 10 years of actually riding two Birds, 14 years of ownership, My first was a 60th Birthday present to me,
The Honda salesman said to me, What do you want and how do you ride,
I said a Big Motor, Grouse Handling, and Super Reliability, Im over Repairing motors, (Triumph)
Total Spyscotic Lunatic, I rode Speedway Solo as a kid, I can Ride,
He said, You need one of these, Dragging this Full Fairing Silver Thingy out of a pile of Bikes,
I Hated it, I like Full Choppers, I built my own, Because I could,

Long story short, Three days later I heard it run for the first time, Regoed and waiting for me to take it home,
Its a Bloody sewing machine, The noise was dreadfull, The little bit that it was making,
340 Kays on the clock of a two year old Demo Bike, 06 Silver Bird, Close enough to Brand New, Hahahaha
Well, I did need to feed my addiction, Two wheels of any kind, Hahahahaha

First thing that went was the clipons, They were shit, aches and pains, Duhhhhh,
12 inch risers, Now this peice of crap Handles Extremely well and the bike now fits ME,
Then the exhaust, Made my own, It now sounds reasonable,
Chucked it down the road at 78,000 kays, Insurance wrote it off, Nothing wrong with the bike,
But the cost of the New Fairings was over the top, I had wiped out both side Fairings and both exhausts,

I then bought my 05 Bluebird with 40 thou on the clock, These BB motors are Bullet Proof, It looked great,
Came with more crap than you can poke a stick at, 5 Grand,
The Risers went straight on, New set I made with a few small mods, $300-00,

What do I need on my BB, Lights that shine around corners, I ride at night in steep tite mountain Twisties in all conditions,
My 4 sided Leds do that reasonably well these days, I finally have lights that sort of go around corners,

Would I buy a new Bike, No Way, What is out there that comes close to my BB, Nothing,
Why the Hell would I waste 20 Grand on a Bike that cant compete with mine,
Triple Digits, and it sits on the road like a brick, My BB handles,
I dont need all the latest Electronic crap, I can keep the Bike on the road with out it,

1500 CC Motor would be nice, But I am more than happy with what I have,
Its cost me all up, Two batterys, One rear wheel bearing, One Fork seal,
Its Reliable,
Cheers, Brian,

Attachments

Reactions: Mallow1
21 - 33 of 33 Posts