Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have used the search function a bunch without any luck. I recently acquired a 1999 bird that has had the "wiring loom fix connector" cut off without any marking of which should go together. Has anyone had to trace all these wires? I don't mind opening up the entire loom but there are more than a couple possibilities for connections. :crap::smilebig::rotfl:.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a nice shot of connector without being cut. It looks like the 2 thin green wires marked with 2 grey markings are what I'm looking for along with one of the thick green wires. That should narrow it down. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's a 12 page post with lots of pics and advise on this topic.

https://www.cbrxx.com/honda-cbr-xx-resource-center/377-loom-fix-1999-2000-honda-cbr-1100xx-fi-light-fix-12.html

I did mine not too long ago and as my fuzzy old memory recalls there were three color pairs on one side and all the (10?) wires on the other side were green. I cut the connector off and soldered the three individual color pairs together as separate pairs then the 10 green wires all soldered together as one set. Then gooped them up thoroughly with silicone and heat shrink them. Also I took the left muffler and foot peg/exhaust hanger off. Made it much easier to get to the loom.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it seems there are 7 thin wires with 2 grey markings, 4 with a single grey marking and 2 thick main grounds. So, looking at the pics from that thread, I have to find 2 of the 7 thin marked wires to connect to a thick main green. Frig sakes!

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Mark
I've got an old harness that I'll take a look at and see how they are grouped tomorrow

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Mark
Just looked at the harness in the garage. The one out here has all but 3 greens together but agree with Ade I'd group those into one. Then just combine the rest of the like colors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sadly, after connecting all the green together, the yellow together and the white together I still have no power to the fuel pump connector. Verified that the pump does work thankfully.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Mark
Go to the schematic in the Service manual and make sure that you have the power going into the relay. If so then manually trigger the relay with it disconnected from the main harness. ( you don't want to backfeed the ECM ). This will verify that section of the wiring is good. The next step will be to make sure the trigger from the ECM is there as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This may have been covered somewhere else but just to mention it.... Big red switch by the throttle in run position? My 2000 fuel pump doesn't prime/run until that switch is on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts