Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you a lot! I ve just installed an usa ecm on my euro XX and worked perfect !
Hi Digito. sorry for not getting back, have not used email since being on leave from work.

That is great news about ECU. I remember my relief when the 99 USA ECU worked on mine. The mapping of the earlier and later ECUs, however, was not the same. I don't quite get as good fuel economy with my 99 ecu, and the power delivery is slightly different with not as much surge as later ecu. I would describe the 99 ecu as having more linear power delivery.

If you get around to it, put up a picture of your bike.

(at the moment by naked bird is mothballed as I am having charging problems that I don't have time to sort out. I think it is regulator.)

regards

Jon

·
Paddy
23 Posts
I am trying to get the us ecu AO2 to work on UK bird W reg not sure year of loom
Have done pin 19
I get the F1 go out when fuel stops after turning ignition on and I get a spark when turning it over
The oil light dont come on and fuel warning light flashes while turning over

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am trying to get the us ecu AO2 to work on UK bird W reg not sure year of loom
Have done pin 19
I get the F1 go out when fuel stops after turning ignition on and I get a spark when turning it over
The oil light dont come on and fuel warning light flashes while turning over
From what i can tell you have wired it correctly as the fuel pump only starts working when the ECU is wired correctly. While the bike should start straight away you might check that the fuel is actually getting through to plugs. Crank the engine for about 10 seconds (make sure tank on and fuel in it :) ) then check a plug to see if it is wet with fuel. If not, your fuel pump might be faulty or blocked (would be unusual but might happen).
Also, if you have had your bike in bits, just check you have the HT leads connected to the correct corresponding cylinder. I have made that mistake before on other vehicles

My understanding is that the European BB and the Australian BB are wired the same.

Tell me how you go.

Jon

Reactions: paddysteel7

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well that changes my education for sure. I would have thought there would have been other ongoing dramas with a lack of baro sensor etc. I watch with interest.

·
Throttle MODulator
2,735 Posts
Me too. This could open a whole new avenue of ECU's for the fault 25 issue us downunder seem to be having.

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well that changes my education for sure. I would have thought there would have been other ongoing dramas with a lack of baro sensor etc. I watch with interest.

Just to clarify where I am coming from. I no longer have standard BB instruments as I totaled the bike some years ago and everything was smashed, including all plastics and instruments and key, which is the reason i now have a non-HISS 1999 US ECU. Currently I have an aftermarket tach/speedo that does not have an FI light, so I have no idea if FI light is going off or not.

If you think I am mad you are probably right. But I figure that the bike is now a rat rod and no one would probably buy it if I tried to sell it, so if it is going to blow up, then what have i got to lose. However, has had 1999 US ECU on it for 4 years now and no issues. Just took it on blast in hills for several hours last week, no engine probs.

Here is a little of the project after I totaled it. To those who would hear: Never play-race blackbirds! First photo is BB carcass after I went down.

totaled July 2011 closeup.jpg 2012-03-11 00.17.31.jpg 2012-08-26 18.31.08.jpg 2012-11-08 22.01.25.jpg 2012-10-25 22.13.34.jpg 2012-11-27 16.30.43.jpg 2012-11-24 11.56.30.jpg

Attachments

·
Paddy
23 Posts
Ok so fuel not getting to plugs
pressure highish as pump statrs but not maintained while ignition on.
I am not getting any fault codes if I disconnect knocck sensor
When I turn ignition on pump run few 2 seconds stops and when it does the Fi light goes out
Oil light not working bulb good also red blue wire good

Does anyone have photo of other side of ecu plugs and wires ie oposite side to photo earlier in this post?

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Ok so fuel not getting to plugs
pressure highish as pump statrs but not maintained while ignition on.
I am not getting any fault codes if I disconnect knocck sensor
When I turn ignition on pump run few 2 seconds stops and when it does the Fi light goes out
Oil light not working bulb good also red blue wire good

Does anyone have photo of other side of ecu plugs and wires ie oposite side to photo earlier in this post?
Ok. If you hear the fuel pump only for a few seconds as it primes, then no noise - that is normal startup procedure for a working ECU. Although I never checked, I am pretty sure that you would not be getting spark if the ECU was not working. Perhaps some of the more experienced BB owners might help here, as I am not sure exactly what the HISS disables. I had presumed it cut the spark, but it could somehow disable the fuel injection? This seems strange in your case though, as you hear the fuel pump when you turn on the ignition.

Just so you know, when the HISS chip was missing with the original (HISS) ECU, the bike did not produced any fuel pump sound at all when the ignition was turned on.

Also to clarify another aspect of my Frankenstein bike, my fuel injection is off my original 2005 BB, but the engine itself is 2000 model. Therefore, the wiring I am using is 2005 AU wiring loom.

If you are more specific for wires photo, I can take some more. I am not sure what you mean by 'the opposite side'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking to get an '03 non-HISS, US ECM for my '02 HISS equipped bird. Other than the splice above, anything else I need to know and do in order to get my bike started? I'm hoping that I won't encounter any issues with sensors or malfunctions (03 US ECU is A21 with the HISS ECU being a D52).
Cheers!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts