Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I bought my bird with a windshield that needed to be replaced. I bought a cheap one off of Aliexpress that worked fine. I noticed that the OEM windshield has a step in it, around the perimeter, so it sits flush with the bodywork.
So I just bought a Puig Windscreen and installed it last night. The gaps between the windscreen and the body is really wide.

That leads me to my questions:
Is this typical of aftermarket windscreens, Puig in particular?
Is there something I did wrong, installing the part, that would cause this?
What is it supposed to look like? I assume it is supposed to look flush, all around.

Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
9,126 Posts
This is normal. MRA has the closest fit that I've found. If you want a semi double bubble. The 01 and later have one. It's very subtle but there. The 99/00's are flat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that isn't ideal. Thanks for letting me know.

I bought a $20 windshield from AliExpress that did not have the built in step. I was hoping a $120+ windshield would fit nicer than that.

Anyways, the MRA windshield (touring) I tried to order at a few different places, only to be told it was on backorder indefinitely.

So if someone has an MRA windshield (or some other touring windshield) that fits better and they want to get rid of, let me know.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts