Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In just 5 months I've now tried 3 different windscreens; the stock OEM windscreen from Honda which was mounted on the bird when I bought her, then upgraded to the MRA Touring Screen with some effect on the windblast and -noise, and now finally the Givi Touring Screen, which has improved the effect of reducing noise and wind even more.
Below a visual comparison of the three screens, the OEM stock to the right, the Givi in the middle (in the last two pictures) and the MRA in the middle (in the first picture) :rolleyes:

2015-08-11 13.43.35.jpg 2015-08-11 13.44.29.jpg 2015-08-11 13.45.00.jpg

I'm really satisfied with the Givi! I haven't tried the Zero Gravity screen, but don't think I need to now...:O!

2015-08-11 13.26.28.jpg 2015-08-11 14.29.33.jpg 2015-08-11 13.26.59.jpg 2015-08-11 14.28.59.jpg

Hope this thread can help others facing the same ideas and thoughts about changing the windscreen :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Good right up, but keep in mind that different height riders will have different results.

My bike came with a Givi touring screen that the 6ft tall previous owner had on it. He loved it. At just over 5ft, I hated it.

I went to the MRA Touring screen and found windscreen nirvana.

Too bad we each already bought new screens -- we could have just traded!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good to know. I also have used the MRA touring (not vario) and, of course, the stock shield. MRA cracked from a recent tip over and I am back to stock while deciding which screen to replace the MRA. A lot of folks see to like the vario, but I do not think the moveable upper shield matches the lines of the bike well. So appreciate the review of the Givi.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good right up, but keep in mind that different height riders will have different results.

My bike came with a Givi touring screen that the 6ft tall previous owner had on it. He loved it. At just over 5ft, I hated it.

I went to the MRA Touring screen and found windscreen nirvana.

Too bad we each already bought new screens -- we could have just traded!
Good point, Gina. I actually think the stock was better for me than the MRA touring since it puts the wind to my chest whereas the MRA had the wind go right up my helmet. I am 5'8". Your bike's previous owner probably liked it since the MRA probably directed the wind to his chest too. Sardoc, what's your height?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Correction -- it is actually the Vario I went with. When I was down at Twisted Throttle to check it out before buying it, I was talking to one of their sales reps. He told me that the Vario was basically the same as the stock screen in shape and height but with the wing added. He said the less expensive option would be to by the MRA wing and add it to a stock screen. Since my bike came without the stock screen, just buying the whole MRA set-up was cheaper.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Gina, you're right. The height of the rider and the position on the bike will make a world of difference. No way you can generalise the single windscreen to fit all riders, but the Givi just works wonders for me :clap:

... I am 5'8"... Sardoc, what's your height?
I am 188cm / 6'2". I haven't modified the handle bars or supplied raisers :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Gina, you're right. The height of the rider and the position on the bike will make a world of difference. No way you can generalise the single windscreen to fit all riders, but the Givi just works wonders for me :clap:

I am 188cm / 6'2". I haven't modified the handle bars or supplied raisers :)
Hmmm. That's 6" more height, which is probably at least 3" longer torso. So maybe that is not the right screen for me. Still would like to see though, but could not find it on either the "Twisted Throttle" or "Revzilla" websites. Where'd you find one?

·
Registered
313 Posts
The best screen I ever had was a GIVI flip+50. As the name suggests it was a flip touring screen but with an extra 50mm on the flip up. 80mph with the visor up, in the rain, no wind or buffeting and not getting wet. I'm 5ft8in. Unfortunately I let the screen go with the sale of the bike and GIVI don't make the +50 any more.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i bought a MRA vario screen last summer. at 5'10", it puts the wind right at my helmet with lots of wind noice as a result. it took care of the buffeting though. i wonder if the give touring screen would be better for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the zero gravity touring screen and am interested in something else as the wind is directed to my helmet so I get lots of wind noise. I'm 6'2" and have VFR bars. This is good info, keep it coming.

Rollinon how tall are you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a 2004 Bird in silver.
The standard screen buffering gives me double vision above 80 that is somewhere in second gear, I am 5 9 my mate is 6 1 and finds the standard screen fine. I have had a Givi DH196 screen for some years and found it perfect for me at any speed. Unfortunately I dropped the bike in my garage and cracked it ( fell off the bike 3 times in twelve years stood still ) Have you tried to pick the bike up on your own ?. Can anyone tell me where I might find one as they are no longer listed by Givi
Thanks
Kev.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have had good luck over the years with cheap Chinese fleabay screens, I must have bought at least 4 for couple different bikes. No fitment issues.

If the standard is no good for you try a double bubble. Hard to go wrong at £20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had good luck over the years with cheap Chinese fleabay screens, I must have bought at least 4 for couple different bikes. No fitment issues.

If the standard is no good for you try a double bubble. Hard to go wrong at £20.
Thanks for that it looks like I will be going down that route, as you say they are cheap enough.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts