Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Why do we call you that?! What does your username mean?

956K views 946 replies 684 participants last post by  jambes 
#1 ·
I'm curious about your forum name...

Please post here and let us know how, or why, you came up with your forum name. (i.e. why do we call you animal mother)?

:eek:

#2 ·
Re: Why do we call you that?!

Because I have it on my license plate......

It helps that my first name is Will though.......:p

#6 ·

I deal with gears (Involute Profile) all day long and it’s a word most people are not familiar with so I don’t have to make up a new name every time I join a new place or play a new online game.
In our alternate universe would you be called evolute?

BTW, MrBadExxample is the title of a song by Warren Zevon, one of my favorites. I added the extra 'x' 'cuz dats how I roll.

#254 ·

Last name is Huntzinger. friends used to call me Slinger. 5150= police code for an insane person. Gotta be somewhat insane to ride these bikes, so Slinger5150.
Police code in my part of the world for insane person is "M I" Mentally Ill or to be very kind "EDP" Emotionally disturbed Person.
I just say they are F%*&@!g nuts.
Toronto

#14 ·

What a cool idea for a thread! Very interesting to hear the thought and cleverness that goes into someones tag - most of them are not very obvious until someone explains them.

I use Mustard from back when I joined some car forums a few years ago. My cars colour was a kind of like mustard, so that is what I chose. It has nothing to do with thinking I am "mustard" when it comes to riding.......:eyebrows: :rotfl:

#15 · (Edited)

Aurora

This is because I fly for a living. Spent a bunch of time above 50,000 feet above sea level. The Autobahn, I mean Nevada is a great place to ride with Area 51 and all.

As such I was hoping Honda would come out with a replacement for the Blackbird. Since Honda used the SR-71's name for their fastest bike the CBR1100XX, I was hoping the replacement would be called the CBR1600XX Aurora.

I guess Honda couldn't perfect the plasma gas generator to cut down on parasitic drag. We will have to wait one more year for Honda to release the 400 mph (restricted to 185 mph) Aurora.

:patriot:

#257 · (Edited)

Aurora

This is because I fly for a living. Spent a bunch of time above 50,000 feet above sea level. The Autobahn, I mean Nevada is a great place to ride with Area 51 and all.

As such I was hoping Honda would come out with a replacement for the Blackbird. Since Honda used the SR-71's name for their fastest bike the CBR1100XX, I was hoping the replacement would be called the CBR1600XX Aurora.

I guess Honda couldn't perfect the plasma gas generator to cut down on parasitic drag. We will have to wait one more year for Honda to release the 400 mph (restricted to 185 mph) Aurora.

:patriot:

Do you fly the Aurora?

My name is urBAN NORDling...

#16 · (Edited)

I've been "exskibum" on the net since 1997, because it was never taken and "Rich" always was. Started skiing before I was 2 and spent my 20s as a ski bum supporting my winter addiction as a drywall taper and painter from late spring through the fall, while being an unemployed "bum" with a season's pass at Steamboat Springs, Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows in the winter.

#27 ·

Mine is simply my initials + XX
If you have ever seen Full Metal Jacket, than you know who Animal Mother is:evilaugh:
Sorry, I thought it was because you were a huge Pink Floyd fan. Because of your avatar being Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" album cover, I thought you combined PF's "Animals" album with "Atom Heart Mother" to form Animal Mother.

SGT = Sergeant(now I'm a Staff Sergeant but to lazy to remember a new name)
Ski = what everyone calls a polock in the Army

XX = my bike

Usually just go by SGTSki but it wouldn't let me when I registered so
Cool. It's good to have another '99XX-ridin' polock here.:rotfl:

#22 ·

I've been told that most people think that Helvet means "Veteran from Hell". I never thought about that when I made up this name.....:idunno:

My real last name is Switser. This means inhabitant of Switzerland in Dutch (I come from Holland). The Swiss call themselves Helvetians, so I call myself Helvet. If you don't believe me, check out the postage stamps from Switzerland. They are all marked Helvetia.......

#26 ·

SGT = Sergeant(now I'm a Staff Sergeant but to lazy to remember a new name)
Ski = what everyone calls a polock in the Army

XX = my bike

Usually just go by SGTSki but it wouldn't let me when I registered so

Reactions: salem77