Honda CBR XX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 923 Posts

·
CBR 1100XX SUPER BLACKBIRD
96 Posts
Mine is what I use for my racing "team", which would be my wife and kids. In order with the 1st letters from each of us. Blu, Lori,Amber,Kayle, CARTmell. My kids have been riding anything with wheels ever since they were little... mountain bikes, dirt bikes, atv's, and my even my lifted 4X4. They love to go fast and see me go fast. Life couldn't be better. Prior to BLAKCART, it was BLACKBIRD. I've always had a thing for them, and had the first one in my area for quite awhile back in 97'.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well my usual name on the net since about 95 is SS_TECH150. I came up with this name because around that time I was involved in a lot of GM muscle cars, chevelle SS, el camino SS, camaro SS, Nova SS, so on, so forth; and 150 would be the minimum MPH they would run. In the civilian sector I was a professional dealership "technician" as now I am a military "tech". Since i got a blackbird, I changed it to XX-TECH150 for all my blackbird goings-on! ok enough rambling! have a fast day!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Back in '68, while I was still riding a 305 SuperHawk, I was lusting after a 500cc. Velocette Thruxton. It was a cantankerous, British, street-legal, single cyclinder, roadracer that was doing quite well at the Isle of Mann and other European circuts of the day. I use the name to keep the memory of a great bike alive. And it's generally been available....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pennywise is a name given to me by students at the JFK Special Warfare Center and School. I dressed like a clown while grading a student during a stressed event. (the student had a fear of clowns) so Pennywise stuck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Years ago on my 21st birthday in a drunken and pot induced stupor I picked up a kitten and brought it home with me. Living in Florida at the time, I named it Hobie Cat after the catamarans which were popular at the time.

But one evening in another long, pot induced discussion with a friend, we were discussing past lives and what his name might be, and we came up with Star Wars version: Hobie Wan Catobi and the Latin version which would be Hobicus Catipuss, and then lost interest because we had the munchies.

The cat has since passed on, and I no longer smoke pot... but the name Hobicus is still with me, and when I see my friend once in a while, we still talk about that night we brought Hobie home.
You live in Madison and don't smoke pot??? I thought they would kick you out of town for that in Madison!!!:hmm: :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
well to be honest I was fast but now it would be more appropriate to call me "somewhat swift Edward" as a friend of mine does. I work in a strange biz (sell caskets to funeral homes) but couldn't think of anything that wasn't DIGGER or REAPER so I go with an old family nickname. I just got online so this is all new to me, but had my XX since 99 and looking forward to spring and maybe another trip to Deals Gap or some other fun roads!!!!:idunno:

·
NeoPhyte
112 Posts
Re: Why do we call you that?!

I wonder if we couldn't store this thread somewhere when it is DONE, for future reference...
Make it a sticky, no?

I took the moniker "DynaChrome" from an old Keith Laumer Story called "The Last Command" about AI tanks. Just because the story speaks to me.

·
Blackbird1937
91 Posts
when i was 19-20 i wanted to be like peterpan and never get old but 50 yrs down the track i found out i was wrong .i still like going to the races and long distance touring,also reading what mischief you young blokes get up to.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Back when i was in the military all my friends started seeing me get back at ppl or if someone screwed me over it seemed to always come back around get their ass even if i did do it myself, so they started callin me Karma, kind of dumb i guess but i likes it. Plus everyone called me it anyways so i basically had no choice in the matter lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Copied from my other thread.............

How I got my nickname...........Got tagged with Fonzie when I started with the railroad a few years ago....longer hair, dark, slicked back. Those guys are BIG on nicknames. Let it ride 'cause it was better than SweetPea, Gomer, Barney, Rambo, Dahmer (as in Jeffrey) & some of the other ones they gave the guys I work with! At least the Fonz was cool!! ;) Besides...Everyone always thinks I look Italian anyway, even though I'm not at all.

·
Registered
986 Posts
when i was 19-20 i wanted to be like peterpan and never get old but 50 yrs down the track i found out i was wrong .i still like going to the races and long distance touring,also reading what mischief you young blokes get up to.
As long as you stay young on the inside ;) :idunno: that's all that matters :thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Beondwacko is easy but sorted. I have the same name on another forum or two and the same email address as well.

The email address was the first to come around about 5-6 years ago. It was purposely spelled wrong to start off with. My sense of humor has been known to be at times "beyond wacko" and I had been accused of that a few times as well, so the label stuck.

I hate to admit it but,,,,,,,,,, I haven't felt very wacko lately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ShakeandBake -- It just sounds cool.........for everybody who has seen Talladega Nights with Will Ferrel, you know what I mean. Great movie, "Every morning I get up and piss excellence."

81 - 100 of 923 Posts