Honda CBR XX Forum banner
881 - 900 of 928 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Growing up in the 80's I always enjoyed an animated series called Galaxy Rangers. The one character was called Shane Gooseman. When IRC and bulletin boards became a thing back in the day I used Gooseman as my nick. The name stuck and I use it to this day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm new to this forum, and since I started riding late in life, I have tried to stay on the right side of The Law. That means, for me, "Ghosting" quietly into the garage, and staying invisible on the roads, whether I'm misbehaving or not. "Revenant" is a fancy name for a Ghost...so it seemed appropriate. The allusion to revving up my wheels was also irresistible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ride a couple of stunt bikes, when i first started stunt riding almost every trick i did was a stand up trick. Hence the name "Stand Up Ryder"
Don't worry though, the 99 is my baby. She's not a stunter

Reactions: Revenant

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,680 Posts
I'm new to this forum, and since I started riding late in life, I have tried to stay on the right side of The Law. That means, for me, "Ghosting" quietly into the garage, and staying invisible on the roads, whether I'm misbehaving or not. "Revenant" is a fancy name for a Ghost...so it seemed appropriate. The allusion to revving up my wheels was also irresistible.
Where in victoria are you revenant?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Why do we call you that?!

My family's nickname for me is "LC" aka Little Church..... my suffix is IV... so family get togethers got interesting... Grandpa was Church, my dad goes by "Chuck" and I, self explanatory, got Little Church.... funny how childhood programming works, i NEVER get called LC except around family (who no matter how long it's been) i instantly know that's my name around them....

'Streamy' came from me and a new internet age (at the time) trying to figure out a user name for MSN Messnger and my 6th grade(?) brain just instinctively started thinking about words that rhymed/'flowed' with LC... thus Streamy.... been using it since.... jeese, coming up on 20 years ago-ish

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mrcbx because I have owned a CBX since 1979...still have it and another silver 79 cbx. Looking to buy a Black Bird as soon as I sell my CBR1000rr.

Reactions: deadman

·
Registered
1 Posts

HAHAHA, if it doesn't make sense. . . . . i have no words

=) the BB is my 26y/o birthday present to myself. hoping it will be enough bike for me. I had a Triumph Tiger 1050 for a short while now, really love it, would recommend it to everyone as it has kept up and been a bit faster on the straits with every 600 i have ever come across. . . .but, I can't stand the 150mph electronic limiter that it has. where i live the highways around are long, curvy and hilly. 150, is fine if i had no friends with 1000cc bikes. I expect to ride the BB for a year and then bore out the catalytic converter, install power commander, and have a gent. dyno tune it to kick more @$$ when i feel im ready.

Mainly was shopping for a bike that could keep up a good speed and had plenty of life in it. sport touring 100k miles plus with no breakdown? i was sold immediately. Plus, i like that this bike doesn't stand out so much as other sport bikes.

These are my
26Y/O thoughts =P

·
Registered
7,038 Posts

HAHAHA, if it doesn't make sense. . . . . i have no words

=) the BB is my 26y/o birthday present to myself. hoping it will be enough bike for me. I had a Triumph Tiger 1050 for a short while now, really love it, would recommend it to everyone as it has kept up and been a bit faster on the straits with every 600 i have ever come across. . . .but, I can't stand the 150mph electronic limiter that it has. where i live the highways around are long, curvy and hilly. 150, is fine if i had no friends with 1000cc bikes. I expect to ride the BB for a year and then bore out the catalytic converter, install power commander, and have a gent. dyno tune it to kick more @$$ when i feel im ready.

Mainly was shopping for a bike that could keep up a good speed and had plenty of life in it. sport touring 100k miles plus with no breakdown? i was sold immediately. Plus, i like that this bike doesn't stand out so much as other sport bikes.

These are my
26Y/O thoughts =P
Swap the mufflers, The Cats are gone,
One wheel bearing and a fork seal on this one so far, 05
I did 78,000 kays on my 06 Bird, And a battery failed, Before I chucked it down the road,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

where i live the highways around are long, curvy and hilly. 150, is fine if i had no friends with 1000cc bikes. I expect to ride the BB for a year and then bore out the catalytic converter, install power commander, and have a gent. dyno tune it to kick more @$$ when i feel im ready.

These are my
26Y/O thoughts =P
Where do you live, the UK given you are talking miles? Just because AFAIK the US bikes didn't have cats in their cans anyway :huh:
Also don't expect those mods to suddenly turn the Bird into a Busa killer, it may give you 5 Hp overall ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
LazyLaser

Laser
Was and still into DSMs, eclipse, talon, laser. Still have an eclipse with the 6 bolt 4g63 engine in parts in the back of my garage for the last 10 years.

Lazy because there was many times that I felt that way, I don't mind being called that as I try to take the easy way.

881 - 900 of 928 Posts