Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 923 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Why do we call you that?!

I bought a TL1000 back in 1997, first year production (what an absolute POS, too). I only had the TL less than a year, but I had applied for EVL TWN for a tag. I started using that as my nick on IRC (that's where I know Conqsoft from) at the same time. The name just stuck. I kept the tag, and when I bought my Night Train in 2000, I transferred that tag to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Osiris were the shoes I skateboarded in when I signed up for my first message board...just stuck with it ever since.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

JETTE JETTE JETTE JETTE JETTE JETTE

...is a female Latin name meaning Jet -Black!

·
Bob
25 Posts

Bob is my real name, and I'm a diver. Bob the Fish is an advertising icon in Florida used to promote diving. My girlfriend saw the the Bob the Fish logo on some T-shirts in FL and decided it suited me. nuff said.:cool:

·
I'm Still Smiling...
610 Posts

Bob is my real name, and I'm a diver. Bob the Fish is an advertising icon in Florida used to promote diving. My girlfriend saw the the Bob the Fish logo on some T-shirts in FL and decided it suited me. nuff said.:cool:
Yeah we all know what kind of diver you are...:eyebrows:

·
Registered
150 Posts

well if you could have 7 letters on your plates, that's what I would have, BUT since we can only have 6, guess it just has to remain a board name... I do plan on getting 11DBLX in future....unless I come up with something better!:idunno:

·
Registered
54 Posts

OMG my plate as well
For my kids it's Old Mans Girl
For me it's too often what I say when the bird is going on 10k rpm

and there's a deer in the road

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

I wonder if we couldn't store this thread somewhere when it is DONE, for future reference...

·
Registered
986 Posts

Well mine came about because I have been involved in IPSC ( pistol shooting ) since 1987 and have always used a 1911 pattern firearm, 1st a Colt 1911 Govt .45 then in the early 1990's a company called Para Ordnance started making a high capacity frame that would allow you to drop most of your std Colt .45 parts into their frame and gave you an increase in magazine capacity from 7 or 8 rounds to 13 or 14 rounds. I used this Para .45 to win numerous competitions including 6 Western Australian State Titles and a Australian National Title so it had a lot of sentimental value and when I first started getting onto the IPSC International and Australian forums I chose this as my log in and forum name. Since then those forums have done away with "Nicknames" but I still use it for my log on and on other forums as it is easier to remember just one name :idunno: I also upgraded to a custom Para .40 cal built by the late Peter Murphy and then when our arsehole govt changed the regulations to restrict pistols to .38 caliber I converted the .40 to .357 Sig and my (Old Faithfull) .45 to .38/45 both bottle necked cartridges based on the old cases. Here is some pics of my current .40/.357 :thumb: :cool: :smilebig: :D

·
Registered
70 Posts

SoKanXX. I am from Garden City/ Dodge City Kansas: which is in southwest Kansas. Kind of a play on SoCal... but in Kansas.

·
Banned
33 Posts

Oh fekk... dyslexics nightmare this thread... :confused:

bestozturd...pawriled...pharonoughtydive...rob the dish...etc etc :idunno:

head spinning:crap: ... must go and lie down... :crying:

regards :eek:
aj

ajs are my initials:thumb: ... i can remember them and i don't get into a mucking fuddle with em :D :rotfl:

·
chaserkeywest
148 Posts
Chaser is the name of my charter boat, I've been in operation in Key West for 33 years.

Name of the business is Chaserkeywest.

After awhile the locals attach you to your boat so many boat people would refer to me as Chaser.

As do most of the Air line Stu's I've met over the years:D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
XXX is a tip of the hat to my old buddy, Mark Moisan.
The guys that have been around a while may remember a number of magazine covers and articles about 97-98 BB's with American Turbo Systems kits on them. His trademark was a 3rd X added to the side fairing decals. Mark had 1 kit that he made for himself that was upgraded in all aspects, but never installed. It sat collecting dust in his garage...until now :)...Hank

41 - 60 of 923 Posts