Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 923 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Why do we call you that?!

You call me "Involute" because I told you to.

Involute -- from Wolfram MathWorld

Then wind the string up, keeping it always taut.

Kind of like Scot and the Arcade. :evilaugh:

Flitemdic: Used to actively partcipate in cleaning up every imaginable act of human stupidity, and then flying away with the residue. But then, my sig line happened, and it lost it's luster. But the name stuck here, there and everywhere.

·
Need 4 speed = Food 4 thought!
719 Posts

I've been told that most people think that Helvet means "Veteran from Hell". I never thought about that when I made up this name.....:idunno:

My real last name is Switser. This means inhabitant of Switzerland in Dutch (I come from Holland). The Swiss call themselves Helvetians, so I call myself Helvet. If you don't believe me, check out the postage stamps from Switzerland. They are all marked Helvetia.......

·
Registered
164 Posts

Cos I live in WestOztralia an I ride a bird. Mike.L on Ozbird cos Mike's my christian name an L is short for Lismanis.

·
Registered
241 Posts

SGT = Sergeant(now I'm a Staff Sergeant but to lazy to remember a new name)
Ski = what everyone calls a polock in the Army

XX = my bike

Usually just go by SGTSki but it wouldn't let me when I registered so

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts

Mine is simply my initials + XX
If you have ever seen Full Metal Jacket, than you know who Animal Mother is:evilaugh:
Sorry, I thought it was because you were a huge Pink Floyd fan. Because of your avatar being Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" album cover, I thought you combined PF's "Animals" album with "Atom Heart Mother" to form Animal Mother.

SGT = Sergeant(now I'm a Staff Sergeant but to lazy to remember a new name)
Ski = what everyone calls a polock in the Army

XX = my bike

Usually just go by SGTSki but it wouldn't let me when I registered so
Cool. It's good to have another '99XX-ridin' polock here.:rotfl:

·
Registered
8 Posts

I really have to explain this to you? OK I live in WV and suburban redneck was to long. Also my truck driving 10 dash 4 cb handle was usually taken.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I am the best XX rider in the world. STAR Blackbird get it!!!

NOT

I bought a Yamaha Royal STAR Tour Deluxe

·
Registered
85 Posts

Mine is simply my initials + XX

Sorry, I thought it was because you were a huge Pink Floyd fan. Because of your avatar being Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" album cover, I thought you combined PF's "Animals" album with "Atom Heart Mother" to form Animal Mother.
Very interesting, and I never thought of it that way.

You are correct though, I am indeed a HUGE Floyd fan:thumb: However, I never cared too much for Animals or AHM.

Anyway...:D

·
Registered
28 Posts

I was riding two up on my CB900c down this hilly road, and the guy behind me on a Gixxer1k said I was airborne over every hill. When I got into m/c forums I was airborne900c, then when I got the XX...

·
Registered
314 Posts

It's just an old nickname from college wrestling days... and decades later I still pump some iron - 'keeps me young at heart... ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts

Because she was a Bad Azz XX aka BDAZ XX and it was my licence plate.

RIP BDAZ XX!

Clicky>>>BDAZ XX

·
Registered
151 Posts

Being young and silly, I loved all the trick carbon parts on sportbikes. Also fancied myself a bit of a speed demon. Started off as trickracer, but then shifted to trkracer. I've had it ever since '94, so now it's like an old friend (but, I still love trick carbon and... might.. :rolleyes: still.. go fast... from time to time...:eyebrows:).

BTW, awesome thread!

·
Registered
27 Posts

A dotetcher is one who etch's dot's. Did it traditionally on film. Now do it electronically. I've been in the graphic arts for 30 years this coming March.

·
Registered
135 Posts

I just couldn't think of anything cute and I wanted to read the boards quickly at the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts

It started with the Seinfeld episode.

My jewish friend refered to me as a "rural hipster doofus" (after the famous Kramer quote: "am I a hipster doofus?" and the fact I live in a small town north of Calgary)

I dropped the doofus portion as it made the name too long and hipsterdoofus was already taken on hotmail and a few other sites I frequent.

so I became ruralhipster.

21 - 40 of 923 Posts