Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a CCT for my 1997 XX. However, I saw several different part numbers in the parts diagram and found it difficult to understand which tensioner fits my 1997. The following revised CCT was delivered: Honda Part No. 06140-MAT-325
Is that the correct part for my 1997 XX? Are the tensioners different over the model years?

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Reactions: Ghazzah

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I don't believe the tensioners changed. If the one you received has two little green dots on the face then you have the upgraded one.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Welding. How hard can it be?
3,643 Posts
Agreed regarding the double dot on the tensioner, Shewie. The tensioners should be compatible across the years. Looks like CB has done all the hard work and confirmed the part number.

Cee Bee, just used that PSP site to order some crank case bolts and sealing washes for the Steinway, I have had a small and annoying oil leak from the top of the crank cases after reusing the copper washers for a third time ... you know the sad tale. The site is bloody brilliant with crystal clear microfiche drawings and a superb ordering process. 10/10. Wish I had used for my rebuild(s).

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Thanks, Cisco passed that site on to me. It's a great site for ordering parts for our Birds. I will order my cam chain and guides from there as well as wheel bearing and cush drive. I'm not sure about head bearings but I'm ok with Honda oem parts for the h.b. as well. I've only had two in there for ten years. For us it's good b/c if we go $299 it's free shipping, to my Wash. State address. Way cheaper than my local dealer. That's just the way it is these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts