Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mike
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Still working my way through putting the fairing back on after 6 years of being in bits and I have worked out where all of the panels and pieces go except the bit in the attached photo.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Mike What is it.jpg

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Its the shroud that sets between the radiator and the valve cover. Take a look at the resources center. There is a electronic version of the factory manual you can download. It'll show you where it goes.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you need to remove that cover to replace spark plugs? It looks to go over the top of the rocker cover. If so, mine is missing and better get one. TIA.

·
Super Moderator
12,474 Posts
Do you need to remove that cover to replace spark plugs? ....
No ..... unless you decide to 'go in from the front' as suggested in the WS manual. That way of course ensures you loose a couple of pints of blood and spend 4 hours too much of your life changing the plugs. :nono:

·
Mike
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't remember taking it out it was so long ago but I know I had removed almost all of the faring panels before taking it out in order to change the plugs/perform spark tests. I won't be putting it back in unless when I ride the bike I find it to be very noisy, wind noise that is.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
You might want to revisit that. It deflects the hot air off the rad down the front and out the Naca ducting on the sides. Also when the fan cycles it keeps the hot air flow moving the same way. If it's not there your likely to get some very warm air coming across the bottom of that 6 gallon fuel tank setting in front and between your legs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts