Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I’m at the point that I’m ready to add a Throttlemeister, I’m remiss to find they‘re no longer in business.

As beautiful as the system is, (and his write-up is) installing Beestoys‘ “True Cruise” just isn’t in the cards, but I will settle for the distant second-best option.

I found Throttlemeister cross-reference that might help fit a unit for another Honda to the Silverbird (there are plenty for every bike but the ‘bird on fleabay), but until the right one shows, I’m left to resort to a lesser throttle lock.

There’s the Atlas (looks well made but a bit big, and at $135US, a bit steep for what it is) Honda Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock

The Kuryakyn (rather familiar to the Throttlemeister, but no model for the xx) Mechanical Throttle Cruise Assist | Grip Accessories | Handlebar Controls, Grips & Mirrors | Kuryakyn

The Avon icruz, which, sorry, but looks like a $50 clothespin (remember what those are?), and I don’t like the idea of it resting on the brake lever). ICZ-LG-ANO -iCruz Large Anodized Throttle Lock

There‘s the Vista-cruise Two-Cable MCVICO (I’ve already bastardized one to fit the BB grip, but went too far in trimming the lock, put the screw hole too far inboard to get good purchase and now back to square one) Sound Off Recreational, Inc. - Cruise Control Products. Because I put the screw hole where I did, i probably can’t go back with another one.

The Kaoko, but looks gaudy to me, and edges look like they’ll quickly wear out the right glove, and have read reviews which suggest that the design isn’t terribly refined. Throttle Stabilizers | KAOKO – Leader in Friction Type Throttle Stabilizers.

Then there’s the Vista-cruise NEP, which looks like something I’d be clumsy enough to break on the first ride, and the Universal Vista-cruise, which is going to take up some of the handlebar, and/or cost some grip space on the brake lever, but it looks to be rather solid. Sound Off Recreational, Inc. - Cruise Control Products

My absolute preference would be to pick up a Throttlemeister for the xx, but I’ve had an ebay search alert working for a few years, and have yet to hit paydirt.

Is there a way to know what other bikes could use the equivalent Throttlemiester? There are a number of ebay listings for Beemers, a Kaw and a Yamaha, but even if it were a Honda, how can one tell if one from a BMW will fit the Bird?

·
Registered
354 Posts
jaws of the uk has one made for them
i recently wrote a detailled report on the fitment and use
paul

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that Jaws part a while back, not sure why I didn't buy it when I first saw it, but I recall coming up empty on any further details or reviews of it.

Your endorsement is good enough for me, I just bought one, with the matching end, price was right, too! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts