Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me out with what type of fastener belongs in this spot? This is looking down the inside of the right front fairing panel, beneath the cockpit infill-panel. My Blackbird came missing whatever is supposed to secure these two lugs together (on both sides?!)

DSC_1106.JPG

A plastic push in / pull out jobbie? A nut and bolt? A Rubbery expanding grommet-thing? You can tell I know all the technical terms :thumb:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
The unit that goes in that hole is a push pin, yes, but not the standard push pin. The one your looking for is the one with the Philips type screw unit in it. These ones allow you to use a philps screw driver to ever so gently turn the screw portion out (turn counter clock wise) thus the "push pin" is backed out of the fastener, and thus the panel is released. I've never tried the standard push pin in that "under the filler panel" location. There's a rather bad picture attached from my photo archive. to install this special pin, you line up the panel holes, fit the pin "fingers" into the hole, then push the philps type screw down like a push pin as there is no need to screw it down. The "fingers" as I call them are prone to breakage over time.

The factory part number is:

CLIP, BODY COVER

90683-GR1-003

It is shown as item #30 in the factory micro fiche shot attached.

Here's a link to more pictures that may or may not help:

http://www.cbrxx.com/engine-airbox-...lug-change-help-needed-please.html#post352581

T.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts