Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Finally getting round to the rebuild but diverted today sorting out my wife's bike (brakes, sprocket bearing and damage repair after our bikes were knocked over some months ago)

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Only JUST sorting the wife's after several months!! Tsk tsk, you wouldn't be allowed out even if you could go out :p
Tee Hee, guilty as charged. But actually 95% of the damage wasn't caused in the 'recent' knock over! The end of her exhaust can got dented when a friend rode into the back of her last year. I had a spare in the attic so whilst she wasn't bothered I decided to do the job anyway. To drill the rivets out it was easier to do with the can on the bike (triangle shaped so impossible to hold on the bench) so out with the back wheel, then I noticed that the rear pads were wearing unevenly and one was close to the limit so change those ..... then go to put the wheel back in and as I always do I checked the bearings, bugga water had got into the sprocket holder and the bearing was knackered!

Luckily getting the parts wasn't difficult, bearing (KOYO) and seal came from Simply Bearings within a day at 1/3 of Yamaha prices. :D

Don't you just love it when a simple job expands!

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Progress is being made (photo taken a few days ago). What surprised me was that when I connected the loom everything worked first time, this has to be a first for a 30 year old loom! Yes I had checked it over and repaired it as necessary but still a surprise.

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Right no nothing in here but the Paint booth is now ready for the ZX11

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Right no nothing in here but the Paint booth is now ready for the ZX11
Oh how I hate you beestoys, I would kill to have that amount of space. I'm now using my van as storage ......

hang on what's that in there?

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Oh how I hate you beestoys, I would kill to have that amount of space. I'm now using my van as storage ......

Well then I won't say that's only the front half of it.

Reactions: TheDuck

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Duck, what are you up to? Starting your own Dakar team-vintage class? That looks like an old (1985-8?) F800GS Dakar.

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Duck, what are you up to? Starting your own Dakar team-vintage class? That looks like an old (1985-8?) F800GS Dakar.
Not quite, that is another XL600LM a year newer than the one I am building with a different nosecone added. Bought it without engine and lots of other parts but with a few parts that I needed. Truth be told what sold it to me was the petrol cap! People are scouring the world for petrol caps, none left!
Will break and sell on what I don't need.

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yep could be easily mistaken. The bike had been modified to single seat for long overland travel.

And petrol caps? WTH?
Petrol caps are a strange design, big and clunky with a lug at the front and two lugs at the side that are operated by the locking mechanism, vented by tube ..... and an unusual diameter!
Mine was screwdrivered and broken and since the unit is pressed together you cannot get in to repair/replace the lock.

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It started!
Ran it for a few seconds only since I found a slight weep from one of the float bowls but it ran for long enough for me to hear the motor is sweet. :)

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,946 Posts

Well then I won't say that's only the front half of it.
Is that to the side of the house where the camino was parked?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nearly completed, test body panel fitting yesterday.
Now where does the next project go?

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Apart from one hand grip ready to go to the MOT test station.

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Is this the one that bit you?

41 - 60 of 74 Posts