Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is my latest project that currently sits in my van?
A few hints
IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2172.JPG

and to give a decent hint on the exact model
IMG_2171.JPG

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Never seen one but looks 1985-86 Honda XL600R, Paris-Dakar kinda edition. I mean I've seen XL600 and XR600's but those h/lights are throwing me off.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never seen one but looks 1985-86 Honda XL600R, Paris-Dakar kinda edition. I mean I've seen XL600 and XR600's but those h/lights are throwing me off.
Almost there Al, the headlights are a big clue to the exact year/model.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Outstanding motor ..... my XL600 pulls hard!

Reactions: TheDuck

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
"A lot of work to do but not as much as the basket case that was my DR800"

How long before you take it out of the van? 'coz, you know, it'll be easier to work on,just sayin'.

The giveaway for me was the red engine cases, very much a mid 80's Honda thing and the gold swing arm with the Pro-link decal, it either XL250 or XL600 and you're not a 250 guy.Me neither.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
…. How long before you take it out of the van? 'coz, you know, it'll be easier to work on,just sayin'.
The giveaway for me was the red engine cases, very much a mid 80's Honda thing and the gold swing arm with the Pro-link decal, it either XL250 or XL600 and you're not a 250 guy.Me neither.
Yes for those that like/know about these things the red cases are a real give away.
Partsguy you jest about getting it out of the van but actually there is more room in there than I have in my garage at present, slight logistics problem! Luckily I have a friend who has offered a bit of garage space for one of my bikes :thumb:

When I bought the DR (which I really like for its uniqueness which is only enhanced by riding it) I was looking for an XL/XR600 but couldn't find one at the right price. This bike I spotted at the MOT testers that I have used for years and I know the owner well. The bike was in for repairs and had sat there for some time (owner in no rush to have it back) 'don't suppose the owner will sell it for a sensible price?' bit of haggling and it is mine.

#oldgitinashed has his winters project :smilebig:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
[QUOTE
Partsguy you jest about getting it out of the van but actually there is more room in there than I have in my garage at present, slight logistics problem! Luckily I have a friend who has offered a bit of garage space for one of my bikes :thumb:[/QUOTE]

2 weeks ago I could have said the same, finally made some room this week, just not nearly what I had hoped but still much better.Lot of cleaning up to do yet. My projects are not going well,it's takes the motivation out of you after awhile.Good luck with yours.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
…. My projects are not going well, it takes the motivation out of you after awhile.Good luck with yours.
That is always the problem with projects, I always ensure I do something every day, the moment the 'covers go on' or you have a bad day it is hard to get back to work.

Now you have found some space at yours, could you pop over to mine and find some for me :smilebig:

Reactions: Partsguy
1 - 20 of 57 Posts