1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Technically not a 1997 as it was built in 1996

·
Registered
877 Posts
Most of us Savage Colonists here aren't aware that the actual first year of the Blackbird was 1996. That year, Honda was still pushing the (quite excellent) CBR1000F here in the States, then the XX was imported the following year.

I loved my 1993 CBR1000F.... came upon it by happenstance: a poor dude going thru a bloodbath divorce in 1993 went out and bought it to try to keep himself sane through the child custody battle. He rode it one season, put about 5000 miles on it.... then reconciled with his ex!! :doh:

So he parked it.... for 5 years!! :eek:

He decided to put it on consignment at my local Honda dealer in the summer of '98, and I snatched it up in a heartbeat!!

It really brought me into the SPORT-touring world, where previously, I was largely in the sport-TOURING world (ST1100).

·
Registered
51 Posts
:eek:

That doesn't sound good, redline!

Tell us the story... and if it was you on it at the time, were you injured at all? :confused:
yeah mate I was on her at the time and got a chipped right knee and tore the tendon off the muscle too, landed on my back and stuffed it up good and proper, took a week off work (needed a lot longer) Suncorp initially wrote it off but changed there minds and are now having it reapaired, happened on sunday the 1st of oct and got the renewals for rego and insurance in the main in the mon so it is still under 2 yrs old which means I would have got a new one!!!

will have to wait till I get her back and then trade her I reckon, anyone want an 04 with 47700 on the dial with all newly painted/repaired panels???

havnt decided whether to go with another bird or a gsxr750/1000 in all black:evilaugh::evilaugh::evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Mine is a 98 Titanium BB - basically stock except for a Vista Cruise, WP steering damper and NonFango panniers and top box although I have a 95 CBR900RR shock coming and am looking to put on Vtech bars or Jaws bar risers. I think the screen may have been changed too but am not sure :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why would you need a sterring damper on a bird??? The faster it goes the more solid (solider?) it becomes

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Why would you need a sterring damper on a bird??? The faster it goes the more solid (solider?) it becomes
Ask Bobt :eek:
The reason the previous owner put one on mine was not so much high speed tankslappers like on pure sport bikes but that under emergency braking at lower speeds the front got a sway up when it hit a pothole or something on the road and washed out the front end, which sounds simlar to what happened to Bobt :idunno: May not mean anything but I know since riding mine through the hills outside of Perth and riding over honky nuts, bits of branch and even the other day having a parrot fly straight into the front guard/wheel the front has been rock solid - no wobbles at all :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
:eek: A Parrot!!!:eek: Your shitting me!?!?
What was left of the parrot? What type of parrot.

What are the chances of something like that happening?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
:eek: A Parrot!!! YES :eek: Your shitting me!?!? NO
What was left of the parrot? NOT TOO SURE AS i WAS DOING ABOUT $ 1.20 COMING OUT OF A BEND AT THE TIME AND WASN'T GOING TO TURN AROUND TO SEE What type of parrot. #28 ( GREEN & YELLOW )
What are the chances of something like that happening?
Actually pretty good as it was coming home from work in Wooroloo in the hills 60 km from Perth and there are lots of twisty, bumpy roads with bush on either side. So far I have nailed in various ways 8 parrots and 1 roo :eek: ( all bar that 1 parrot in my 79 F100 ) because they chew on the honky nuts that grow on the trees and lay on the roads :idunno: . I take it quite easy on the way to work, espescially during winter as the roos like to stand on the road as it is warmer :hmm: I guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was blasting along a fav strip of blacktop with a gsxr 600 right up my clacker and had the bird shaking her head coming out of every corner, was not a pleasant feeling but he was not getting infront and that was that!!!

oh and the viscious tank slap at $1.60 which had the bike all over the rd was a scarey thing too I might add (still dont know how it didnt self destruct that time)

·
Registered
12 Posts
never felt a tank slapper on the bird ,but had a few on my 954 blade :thumbd: so got a damper and boy what a differant it made:thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Never had a tankslapper on any of the 14 bikes I've owned. Is it just me? BTW I have had a pheasant through my front wheel at about 50mph (me, not the pheasant :) ) That did slow the bike down a bit mind, survived unscathed. (Me, not the pheasant.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I'm guessing it wasn't pleasant having a pheasant going through your wheel that pleasant day:p

1 - 20 of 349 Posts