Honda CBR XX Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Had to put new grips on as the old grips were worn out. Salvaged some from flooded Bird and wanted these new bar end weights. Only problem was that I couldn't get the part you screw into out to orient it correctly so you could see the CBR writing. The left hand was the problem and it was a little long too. So I filed down the part that sticks out and then filed a new angle on it so it now works! The new grips are a little larger in diameter and have foam on them. I will let you know how I like them. Now on too the new power sources.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Still hunting down the right one for me.....that's what I've been up to. Told the YL there might have to be a road trip because shipping is looking ridiculous. Also, considered some advice that I received here and "looked" at a '03 online and then when to searching for a '99-'00 instrument cluster. I didn't get much in the way of satisfaction from that search.

So far there's two potential bikes but, both are a two day drive away.

Outside of the XX world, I took a test ride on a BMW K 1300 GT. It seems to be an ok compromise for a fully outfitted sport touring bike, especially for two up. Despite the additional hp and torque, it didn't have that same feeling as an XX does. I was kind of expecting a whopping amount of power when opening up the the throttle and that didn't happen. It did move up in speed expeditiously, in Normal mode. I didn't try out Sport mode. Normal mode felt like a older big heavy Mercedes that has a nice roll up and smooth top end. Not the break neck XX experience.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Still hunting down the right one for me.....that's what I've been up to. Told the YL there might have to be a road trip because shipping is looking ridiculous. Also, considered some advice that I received here and "looked" at a '03 online and then when to searching for a '99-'00 instrument cluster. I didn't get much in the way of satisfaction from that search.

So far there's two potential bikes but, both are a two day drive away.

Outside of the XX world, I took a test ride on a BMW K 1300 GT. It seems to be an ok compromise for a fully outfitted sport touring bike, especially for two up. Despite the additional hp and torque, it didn't have that same feeling as an XX does. I was kind of expecting a whopping amount of power when opening up the the throttle and that didn't happen. It did move up in speed expeditiously, in Normal mode. I didn't try out Sport mode. Normal mode felt like a older big heavy Mercedes that has a nice roll up and smooth top end. Not the break neck XX experience.
Sport mode may have made a difference. It does on my car. Patience is key when looking!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sport mode may have made a difference. It does on my car. Patience is key when looking!

After talking with another K series rider, the words, “a lot more like a sport bike but, still not a XX” came from him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
101 - 106 of 106 Posts