Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Birdies,

Happy New Year to all forum members.

I would like to know if anyone has actually ever measured the true top speed in a straight line of the Bird (acurately), in otherwords by GPS or speed trap etc.

I serviced mine in December, changed from Motul 300v Factory fully synthetic to Mobile 1, changed my standard plugs to Irridiums, have a full titanium Ackropovic and a BMC filter fitted and I saw 325 Km/H or 203 Mp/H in a straight line during December.

I was wondering if this could be true and understand that my speedo will be out by a few km/h, but can the Bird really see that much more than 300?

Thanks in advance.
:)

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I remember the first speed tests and then the f.i. speed tests in the US mags and I never saw anything other than 175mph tested by police radar gun.I don't believe your speed indicated is even close to what you were actually doing but no doubt you were haulin ass big time!
I used to race with a guy who put nitous on his zx12,claimed to have 250hp(believable) and one day Cycle Canada thought they would see if the bike could hit 200mph on the Quebec speed oval track.It did but after a fair bit of gearing changes and just barely at that.Botttom line it takes huge jumps in power to go a little bit faster once you are up above 175mph.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My new personal best was set 2 weeks ago at 171 mph indicated. The road was too damn rough for that speed, and it wasn't fun. But I did it! I think there was more juice left but I was running out of straightaway.

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
178 speedohealer correct with stock gearing and slip-ons... maybe....maybe 180 with a tail wind.

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
I actually have done it twice on a long straightaway. Scary as hell too!!!!

·
TEDZXX
1,791 Posts
:crackhead:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not sure yet as Irish roads aren't great for top end tries but I did do 153mph in 4th, too many bends over here in the road and too many unmarked cop cars. Speedo apparently has been calibrated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was up to 169 indicated, going uphill this past Sunday. Felt a buzzing through the whole bike. Not sure if it was road or speed condition, or just a new sensation :eek: Anybody else?

·
Registered
319 Posts
i've done 240kmh, but yes i know this falls far short of the top end, but just what i've done so far

·
... Get A Good Lawyer !
3,082 Posts
255 kph (indicated)
Don't think my balls are big enough to go any faster :O
I think being married with 3 beautiful children was another factor :thumb:

·
Registered
319 Posts
255 kph (indicated)
Don't think my balls are big enough to go any faster :O
I think being married with 3 beautiful children was another factor :thumb:
i think being married would br more reason to ride harder, the children i can understand

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I think I made 275 kph on fully loaded Givis on a new road in Idaho, but I had a quick vision of being smucked by a bird or something so I slowed down damn fast. It was thrilling, it always is. Plus I always want to come home to my life, my wife, my girls and friends. I don't want any epitaths reading "he went doing what he loves best". If that's the case, at this age, I want to go on the "down stroke".:evilaugh:

·
Just call me Mike
4,430 Posts
I think I made 275 kph on fully loaded Givis on a new road in Idaho, but I had a quick vision of being smucked by a bird or something so I slowed down damn fast. It was thrilling, it always is. Plus I always want to come home to my life, my wife, my girls and friends. I don't want any epitaths reading "he went doing what he loves best". If that's the case, at this age, I want to go on the "down stroke".:evilaugh:
a bird eating another bird.... are our blackbirds cannables? LOL

·
Registered
230 Posts
I recall Motorcyclist or Cycle World had the 1997 Bird at 178 mph. I have had mine to 175(ish), on the speedo that is pretty optimistic at that speed, and was still pulling a little. I did this on a desolate 2 mile stretch of road. I'm sure given another few more seconds, the speedo would go well over 180. But that's kind stupid on public roads. I will reguarly wind it up to 140 - 150 mph cuz it gets there and back pretty quick..

Ride safe,
ominousone

1 - 20 of 59 Posts