Honda CBR XX Forum banner
6041 - 6050 of 6050 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replaced the almost-fully-worn brake pads the bike came with fresh EBC HH's. Had a whale of a time getting the caliper pistons to retract far enough to make room for the new pads. Tried pushing the calipers into the disk before removing the old pads, which usually does the trick, but no-go. Had to split the calipers in the end and use a c-clamp on the old pads to push them in. Separating the caliper bodies without draining the braking fluid was fiddly and time-consuming - what should have been a 30 min job wound up taking a couple of hours. The pistons are showing some rust; I suspect a full caliper rebuild along with a fluid flush are in my near future.

·
Administrator
9,530 Posts
Got new VA State inspection at 181,452 miles and bought a 2013 FJR1300 with 13,355 miles on 11Jun22 as a spare bike. View attachment 133991
Be careful around the seat and tank joint they are known to vent engine heat up through that area. The early versions actually caused 2nd degree burns.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,463 Posts
Trying a new position for my TPMS. Stuck it on with two holders for the Illinois IPass toll transmitter. They are basically like a 3M or Scotch fastener. I had it on with Velcro and placed just under the Speedometer but the velcro was wearing and starting to let it sag. This is directly in my vision when I glance down. So last week I was wondering about putting it there. Will let you guys know how it goes.
No, my tires are not those pressures regularly! The 44 front when cold at 70 °F is 39 and the rear is 39. The front is still showing what it was when parked after riding 10 miles in 90°F and the rear while handling it reset to present pressure at 80 ambient. You can zoom in and see the temperature difference between the two.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DSA

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,463 Posts
That seems like a useful mod - beats screwing around with a gauge. Do you happen to have a part number/product name for these?
If you have to much money you can go buy FOBO and it will connect to your IPhone it had trouble going to my Android. I put that on my daughter's bike as she had an iPhone. I found these searching the Net. They were so cheap at $25 I bought two. 5 yrs later they are still going strong. I wanted a constant display and FOBO doesn't do that. You can now find these for $50 on the Net or Ebay. You replace your air cap with a little battery powered transmitter cap. I wouldn't run rubber valve stems if you do this. Two reasons.
1. I don't want them to tear or affect that rubber stem.
2. I put steel T-Stems on for convenience. I never have to take my transmitter cap off to fill up my tire. The T-Stem also is a lot easier to put the air chuck on to.
I'll take pics of this when I get home tonight.

Just Google Motorcycle TPMS. A plethora will show up.

Then Google Motorcycle T valve stems or something like that.
You just have to be sure that they are made for your size hole in the rim. I bought my T-Stems from FOBO and they worked fine.

Here is a set but for Goldwings...but this gives you and idea.

I like the TPMS sets that have a plastic wrench for removing the cover on the sensors when you need to replace the sensor batteries every year or so. Maybe every 2 years.

These look exactly like what I have... a the price has gone up... shock face!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ptxyz

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
+1 re XXGuy comments. T-shaped metal stems defo are the way to go. Avoid cheap-o versions (you can snap them with your fingers).

I run with FOBO T-valve stems too. Bonker price but well worth the money. Similarly I currently run with the same (1st screenshot) TPMS.

I have a double bubble screen. Wedges nicely between the top of the dash and the screen. No velcro etc. Will embed it or something similar into my dash (carbie lcd clock position) as part of another dash project.

There's TPMS that go inside the tyre (like most cars). Great re security, pants re battery replacement.

Rgds M1

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
161 Posts
Don’t be nervous you have plenty of material for strength unless your pulling an “Evil Knievel “ jump this week. The holes were drilled with a 0.130 drill or use a 0.125. M4 tap is 0.160”. Some pics for scale 👍😎
Hi Bentleyss, today spent couple hours following your idea.
This is the result. Still need to find 2 M4 screws. And then the connections. I am not sure where to plug the wires (still researching).

White Motor vehicle Camera lens Audio equipment Material property

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Automotive exhaust

6041 - 6050 of 6050 Posts