Honda CBR XX Forum banner
6001 - 6020 of 6050 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Here it is finished. The metal on top where you see the red rubber pointer is a thin cast. It’s approximately .080” or 3mm thick then it’s hollow until you bump the underneath bolts. I used two M4 3/8. “ Allen head button screw with a washer to attach the plate. Works perfect 👍. If you want I have the cardboard template.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Here’s the pic of template I made. Super easy. I left the legs slightly longer and cut and filed down to fit. The holes I punched and drilled lightly larger than the M4s then marked where to drill the casting. Drill, tap, mount, enjoy. I am going to make mine out of thicker (0.125) Aluminum. Any question just pm me. I can print up the template an send it to you . 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Don’t be nervous you have plenty of material for strength unless your pulling an “Evil Knievel “ jump this week. The holes were drilled with a 0.130 drill or use a 0.125. M4 tap is 0.160”. Some pics for scale 👍😎

Attachments

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,728 Posts
Bentley.....Made a similiar bracket for that same voltmeter a year ago. Couple of weeks ago i noticed my volts had dropped to 13. 6. But then realised the green leds had gone very very dim on it. Not happy. Good otherwise.

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
161 Posts
Don’t be nervous you have plenty of material for strength unless your pulling an “Evil Knievel “ jump this week. The holes were drilled with a 0.130 drill or use a 0.125. M4 tap is 0.160”. Some pics for scale 👍😎
Thanks, seems possible for my skill level.
Did you use a thread mill cutter?

·
Registered
452 Posts
This is strictly super low budget production🤣🤣🐣🤣 Metric tap set from Amazon $6.75 on sale and my small adjustable wrench to Turn the tap. My handle wouldn’t fit the space. Remember your only going thru material as thick as the length of these three x’s xxx 😎👍then it’s hollow for about 3/8 inch and you hit the screws coming up from underneath. 👍👍👍👍😆

Attachments

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
161 Posts
Thanks, I do actually have a similar set (manual) :)
I was just making sure that after drilling we should create the thread. I will set my hands to work this weekend on this.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Would that pod fit under screen on top of dash?
Possibly depends whether you've gone double bubble and which brand. I have a 5cm x 5cm TPMS display wedged in there at the mo (until it gets embedded in my dash). It's got the height though can't speak for the depth. Looks promising though.

6001 - 6020 of 6050 Posts