Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5627 Posts

·
AKA Dave the minion...
66 Posts
Rom, Armstong or Galfer? I have Galfers.
Armstrongs, Galfers are beyond my shoes string budget! I have previously used Braking wavey's, (Had em on my R1) they were very good, Only changed them because they failed the MOT (UK) due to an area of corrosion pitting that caused a 'pulse' on the brake tester (not warped)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Used a gob of the spray foam tire cleaner to spruce the bike up right. :shades:Left for work and what have i done on my bike lately??? I almost layed it down pulling away from the second stop!! The rear slid out like my old CR250 in the dirt!:shocked: I had visions of letting off and flying off the side so kept it even and it pulled back in. :pray:I will never use that stuff on the tread again! Someone said they feel like 16 again every time they get on their bike. Well theres a 16 year old move for ya.:doh:

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
So are you cleaning the seat today Perry :smilebig:

Reactions: Rom

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Duck I wore my new synthetic SIDI pants to work and when I hit the throttle on the on ramp for lift off I about went off the back. Put away the Armor all and get out the adhesive spray!!!HA!

·
It's actually Titanium...
38 Posts
Filled it with fuel.
Filled it with fuel.
Filled it with fuel.
Filled it with fuel.
Filled it with fuel.
With today's fuel prices in Europe you must spend a fortune on fuel. I suppose you do those trips for work? Does your employer compensate your fuel cost somehow? I did about 160 km every day for about a year while I worked an intern job and while I didn't mind the rides, the fuel cost per month really bugged me.

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
With today's fuel prices in Europe you must spend a fortune on fuel........
Oh yes petrol costs are not something that I like having to pay.
As for employer compensation, yes, but since I employ myself through my own company I end up compensating myself, naturally at the Revenue approved rates :smilebig: ............. but then my company doesn't make so much profit so 'I' pay less Corporation Tax! Rough calc says the Tax Man makes a 20% contribution.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Where to start and with which bike? (I could be here all night!)

In short the most recent activity on 2 out of 3 .....

Black BB:
1. Stripped off damaged parts (Plastics, sub frame, fairing stay, snapped clutch lever, stator cover (holed), chipped R/R)
2. Fitted refreshed spare subframe.
3. Fitted refurbished (Jaws) stator cover with new stator. Including new stainless hex head bolts.
4. Re-tapped damaged engine mounting point and fitted new high tensile steel bolt. (Never use those R&G style crash bungs unless you want a world of pain after a spill!)
5. Ordered some expensive new parts .. front fairing stay and front fairing :(

Red BB:
1. New chain and sprockets.
2. New complete charging system and battery
3. Brakes serviced and parts replaced where needed (still need front discs ....)
4. Replaced dodgy screen with a slightly better dodgy screen :D
5. New later version FPR (slightly higher pressure) .. still gets sooty exhausts though ...
6. Wheel bearings.
7. Added various missing bolts and pop clips.
8. Headstock bearings.
9. Added new fork oil and ohlins springs ... feels good

There is a lot more but 1 I can't remember it all and 2 you'd get bored :D

·
Super Moderator
12,598 Posts
..... all those new parts Scrappy, will we be re-naming you 'Newbie' :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
hey, Chris, A-Jacket working out. Went with the Dave's peg pieces. Sorting out windscreen options as the double bubble creates turbulance. What screen is your and hows the wind at the shoulders. Its a good looking screen. Look forward to checking your favorite ride to St Helens some time soon. And Rainier when thaws.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
"Look forward to checking your favorite ride to St Helens some time soon. And Rainier when thaws."

Join Cisco and I when we go on July 20.21.22.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine has the clock issue too - though only loses about 15-20 mins a week. It seems to change dep how fast I ride so I figue it's a relativity thing -- time slows down the faster you go!!!
900 mi out to Ohio and back at warp speed and the clock is right on!!!:)

They got some ferocious bugs out in Pa so; rode in the rain today again -- all clean! (sorta)

Put the Jaws mirror extenders on a while ago and they're worth every penny!

Now if I can only get more than 40mpg....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tires
Sprockets
Chain

·
Rapid Transit
42 Posts
Added HID'S wow what a difference, threw away the Corbin and got my modified original seat back so confortable, spacer under rear shock, turns in great,mirror extensions, great,heated grips, ram mounts for GPS, iPhone or Sat Radio, Shark bluethooth Helmet intercom system all electronics play through it.last but not least Zero gravity ST windshield.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You threw away a Corbin?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Fixed a main beam issue where the multiplug (FI only) at the front of the loom had a single corroded connection, just snipped the wires either side of the plug and joined together with a new piece of wire .... good as new :)

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
We plan on a three day ride E of mnt rainer and mnt st Helens then up mnt st Helens. July 20 weekend

·
CanadianSuperXX
11 Posts
Added a Corbin gunfighter seat I picked up on the weekend.

41 - 60 of 5627 Posts