Honda CBR XX Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 5845 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,073 Posts
Put in LED bulbs. Some folks on here wanted me to video the process. This is part 1. I believe that I could have done it without lowering the nose cone if I took it off the lift and shifted my forks to one side. This made it easier to video. A couple of minutes in I got smart and rotated the phone. Pictures of where I stuck my power converters or packs for the lights too. On the side of the ram air ducts. I would put the a bit lower though.

Edit: I just got done talking to the owner of Electrical Connection (Lewis) and he informed me that they have improved the kit by making it so an O-Ring keeps the spacer in place on the bulb element while you are putting it in. Just a small incremental improvement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
thanks for posting xx! so, no need to bend the stock retainer clips for your install?

i'm jealous, that part of my install drove me nuts!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Put in LED bulbs. Some folks on here wanted me to video the process. This is part 1. I believe that I could have done it without lowering the nose cone if I took it off the lift and shifted my forks to one side. This made it easier to video. A couple of minutes in I got smart and rotated the phone. Pictures of where I stuck my power converters or packs for the lights too. On the side of the ram air ducts. I would put the a bit lower though.

XXGUY, good vid, thanks for posting it.
One point, which I have actually mentioned before........ I installed HID on a different bike years ago. Had separate ignitor and ballast, which I attached with double stick tape, same as you have done here. The tape does not stay stuck to ABS plastic, its too slick. After a few weeks one ignitor came loose while riding and hung down on the wires getting trapped between the forks and the bodywork, locking the steering. Minor miracle I stayed upright. Highly recommend zip ties instead of tape/glue.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,073 Posts
XXGUY, good vid, thanks for posting it.
One point, which I have actually mentioned before........ I installed HID on a different bike years ago. Had separate ignitor and ballast, which I attached with double stick tape, same as you have done here. The tape does not stay stuck to ABS plastic, its too slick. After a few weeks one ignitor came loose while riding and hung down on the wires getting trapped between the forks and the bodywork, locking the steering. Minor miracle I stayed upright. Highly recommend zip ties instead of tape/glue.
Hmmmm, thanks for the information. I wiped the spot clean with alcohol. I'll monitor it for a bit. Where did you Zip Tie to? I was wondering what to zip tie to.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,073 Posts
thanks for posting xx! so, no need to bend the stock retainer clips for your install?

i'm jealous, that part of my install drove me nuts!
No, not at all. Everything fit very nicely.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hmmmm, thanks for the information. I wiped the spot clean with alcohol. I'll monitor it for a bit. Where did you Zip Tie to? I was wondering what to zip tie to.

Different bike but same situation. I even sanded the surface for more grip, still fell off. Leave the device in place if you like, but zip tie the wires so that it can't fall into a "danger zone"

·
Registered
548 Posts
Question for the learned elders - what would be the approx. time needed to take the rear fender (underseat compartment / battery and license plate holder plastic part) off from the bike? How tedious and time consuming would that job be?

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Wanna say hour or 2 at most. getting it unbolted is the easy part. getting the battery tray section up out of the frame is the trickiest. You got to move the back of the tank out of the way and then get all the wiring loose. Best to leave everything hooked up the you can (relays and fuse block) and just lay it over the frame.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Today I did brakes.

To get front wheel out, I use a half ton house and a cloth strop to lift front end.

Wheel out, calipers off, thorough clean. Had to chock the 4 biggest pistons and use rear brake to make the smaller pistons protrude for cleaning. Polished slider/retainer pins.

Wheel back on loose, do the wheel setting/aligning trick. Quick test ride. All seems in order.

Will do cct as soon as I get the chance.

Feel bad as I've put 17mi on the bike since mot. Resolved to use it more.

Saw a real minter of a bb in Calne the other day. V spicy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
based on bees video and recommendation, installed an innov k2 camera system.

ironically, the previously installed crappy camera had started working again... i'll move that over to my klr.

still on the low end of the "learning curve" on this, seems the view on my phone is 90 degrees from what i'd expect...

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,073 Posts
And that's not going to hit your fender when your suspension compresses?

·
Registered
331 Posts
And that's not going to hit your fender when your suspension compresses?

hope not, there's about 4" between camera and fender.

looking at the pic again, i realize i have a bit of room to move up in the mount... done.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
PT
Check the camera orientation it's specific. There should be a line on the body for reference.

Reactions: ptxyz

·
Registered
706 Posts
Updated my rear stock (oblong) carbie indicators to firstly the more shapely FI version, then went tinted/ smoked lenses with flowing LEDs.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,073 Posts
Updated my rear stock (oblong) carbie indicators to firstly the more shapely FI version, then went tinted/ smoked lenses with flowing LEDs.
View attachment 131302
Oooohhhh, now that's style!
Looks good.
XX

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thanks XX, I thought it helps keep her looking current/ modern too. Her styling is timeless but the tech does date. Now to do the same to the front. At the moment I've gone tinted lenses with V-shaped DRLs. Just need to mod the indicators to flow too. I have the parts, just need to build the internal unit. So at the mo the front looks like….

·
Registered
331 Posts
PT
Check the camera orientation it's specific. There should be a line on the body for reference.
hey bees, how did you mount the hard drive?

my current method (wrapped in a shop rag and stuffed into the space by the tail light with a bunch of other shit (packed in kinda tight) may not be optimal...

thanks for the tip on the cameras, the logo goes up. still need to fine tune the front... and figure out how to show the speed and how the parking monitor works and why even on high the shock sensor seems to lock most of the clips...

letting the little ducati run for a bit...

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Velcro to the top of the ECM
You might want to unwrap it that little sucker gets warm.
Download the APP it'll let you setup all those parameters.
Be advised it pulls some power if you leave it in parking mode. So when it's home have it on a tender.
Already had a discussion with them about the GShock. It's to sensitive and they didn't want to try my suggestion. I'll give them another shout. It's going to lock out most of your video files all you can do is go in and delete them for now. There's no way to get the thing to stop doing it with the current factory settings.

5821 - 5840 of 5845 Posts