Honda CBR XX Forum banner

5701 - 5720 of 5740 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,992 Posts
Plenty of room in my shed now. I'm moving garage middle of next month. In the meantime numerous boxes of tools, spares and consumables are currently residing in my hallway. . Back of the van contains tool chests and compressor.

View attachment 130612
Hire some young muscle on moving day and save your back and knees!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Gotta put the extensions back on the carport here. Gonna put all the skirts on as well. The ZX9R frame swap is about to get started.

I also have a customers suburban that has the Drive On Demand system that's failing on the LS1 5.9 Litre V8. So I'm installing an aftermarket cam and lifter package for him.

Going to be a few busy weekends again.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,992 Posts
Wotcha trying to say Guy? I'm old?
:cry::cry:
Just had new carpet put in the house. Told my wife... hire 4 varsity football players to move it. Was just wonderful to direct them and feel great afterward!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Ok sides up just need to arrange for a bit more space.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,992 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
AZ winters... I'd freeze in something like that.

Well there is a 80,000 BTU propane heater out there if I need it.

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,992 Posts
Well there is a 80,000 BTU propane heater out there if I need it.
For when it really gets cold and gets down to 40°F

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Yea which has been lately at night

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
MoT expiry dates had been extended. You may still be allowed to ride. I think if due March-Jul inclusive they were extended 6 months during first lock down. Not sure if applicable to this lockdown too.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah, this was after the extension. Don't think it applies now as the garages stay open. The whole show is a clusterfook in my opinion. Just let us get on with our lives and be done with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Admitted; I'm a satnav user.
I simply cannot be arsed with figuring out how to get to whatever POI the ride is meant to offer. I'd rather enjoy the scenery while getting there.
So, I need a GPS on the bike, accessible and easy to work with. This instantly excludes any form of cellphone-based system, as none of these are designed for users wearing gloves. Alas, a motorbike-specific model it is.
I've gone with TomTom. Mostly because the Rider series offer a 'twisty route'-feature that's absolutely brilliant. It also features a roundtrip thing that, combined with suitable landscape and the twisty route ability yields interesting rides. No need to guess, TomTom knows where all the good stuff is.

Anyway - I'm digressing. The issue is how to get the bloody satnav stuck to the bike in a sensible manner. I've used the Allen-key-mount so far, but its angles (horizontally as well as axially) are not quite to my liking. And now, with winter, zubzero temperatures and Corona, it's become DIY time.

With the allen-key-mount as a base, I've applied a bit of creativity and come up with a 3D-printed adaptor, very small and unobtrusive, placing my satnav just right (IMHO!) and allowing for axial alignment too. Four plastic bits, a bolt and a nut. Extendable to other makes and obviously opensource, in case you want to make your own remix. I'm at the roadtesting stage, waiting for weather conditions to allow me to stresstest the design., so not quite ready for 'release into the wild'. But you can have a peek at it here. I'm encouraging comments and input on how to improve, so don't be shy...

·
Super Moderator
12,768 Posts
I've just been to the garage to apologise to both my Birds!

Between them they covered less than 2,000 miles last year ............ and we were locked down again last night.
The last time my mileage was that low I didn't have a bike in the garage, come to that I didn't have a garage either.

Looks like my Birds will not be going out for a spin for a minimum of 2 to 3 months. (n)

·
Registered
92 Posts
IBetween them they covered less than 2,000 miles last year ............ and we were locked down again last night.
I know that british circumstances are not comparable to mine - Denmark. Still, I've managed to put down 12.000 km since mid-March. Average, compared to earlier years. However, given that this bike in its 22 year lifespan did 82.000 km (3.800 km/year) before I got hold of it, could indicate that it's not uncommon for blackbirds to not do that many miles? I mean - it's not exactly a nimble streetfighting commuter bike. So you'd expect to see vacation-related mileages. And what with Corona buggering up peoples' travelling plans, less miles are to be expected.

Moving on, you might consider giving your bikes a little TLC as a compensation? Nowt wrong with a polish, right? Which brings me to today's tip: I learnt about SiO2-based polishing agents around September, and I'm here to tell you there's a new sheriff in town! Not only does it not leave behind any white residue in nicks and crannies, like ordinary waxes do. In stead it leaves a glazed-over-like shine for you to gawk at. Hard to explain, but you'll be wondering "WTF! Where'd that come from?". Glassy. Next-level.
It's a bit finicky to apply correctly, but IMO it's worth the effort.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
It's not uncommon for blackbirds to not do that many miles? I mean - it's not exactly a nimble streetfighting commuter bike.
Hah bite your tongue I put 50 miles a day on mine commuting to work. It's the only thing kept me safe all this time😁.

5701 - 5720 of 5740 Posts