Honda CBR XX Forum banner

5561 - 5580 of 5613 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I lubed the chain today and it's perhaps a bit better...although when going very slow, and applying very minimal throttle, I can still feel the throttle "kicking in" instead of easing in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I noticed a rattle sound coming from the engine. Great. The CCT was changed, OEM green dot version, 2 yrs ago, but as far as I recall, the sound of a worn CCT is always present at 3500-4000 rpm.

I'm hearing this sound only when I start up the bike cold, on idle or very low revs, and then it disappears after a few minutes, I don't hear it while the engine's hot. You can hear it at the very beginning of the audio file...

What's going on :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's standard rpm, sometimes I notice that on startup the idle sits around 1200 1300 for a little while, and then drops to 1000 and when that happens the bike kinda feels like it needs few revs, as if its struggling to keep that idle.

I think I tried pulling the clutch in, didn't do difference - but I'll go over try it out tomorrow to be 100.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Ok
Also when was the last time it was synched. Imbalanced cylinders will rattle the trans, clutch and sometimes pistons making them slap.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
and then drops to 1000 and when that happens the bike kinda feels like it needs few revs
It will do that is a tad low, I never let my bikes idle below 1150. Give the adjuster a twist up and see if that makes things better.
If not as @beestoys says the throttles may need a balance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I did dig around the forums yesterday looking for threads describing similar issues, and one user did mention the exact same problem, and he replaced half of the parts around the clutch basket etc, didn't fix it, then he synced the TBs and it went away. I never did it while owning the bike, don't know if it was done by the previous owner. So I'll definitely put that on the service menu this month.

I just came back from the garage, there's no rattle sound on the first cold start, only after a minute of idling I began to hear it. But no point of second guessing the problem via the internets, to the shop it goes :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Enjoying the summer, out riding lush, green landscapes. Having had the bike for nearly four months, it continues to amaze me. I'm considering a name for it: 'The dictator', because it's just so much in command!
Am I completely bonkers, or do you also have a name for your bike?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Enjoying the summer, out riding lush, green landscapes. Having had the bike for nearly four months, it continues to amaze me. I'm considering a name for it: 'The dictator', because it's just so much in command!
Am I completely bonkers, or do you also have a name for your bike?
Well as long it doesnt grow a moustache and speak with an austrian accent you are good to go.😀

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well as long it doesnt grow a moustache and speak with an austrian accent...
Chuckling here... Especially considering your whereabouts.

Well, perhaps I was thinking more along the lines of Ceaucescu, Honecker or summat the like. Iron fist in a business suit. Not to be messed with.

Right now, the bike carries a sign stating "Orient Express", which is a hint to its swift but still luxurious approach to getting on with things. But there's just a tad too much Poirot attached to that name, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Night Prowler? - naah, it isn't black enough, and besides, AC/DC are a bit too rowdy to match.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been a few things on the go with the new to me bird, resprung vfr ohlins in the rear (6mm longer), racetech springs in the front with new oil, tapered steering head bearings, road 5's on,vesrah pads in front (wow single finger stoppies) wingrack 2 and panniers, new CCT, mosfet RR, 16/45 gearing change,new air filter on the way

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Them are looking pretty much new. You got quite a few miles left depending on how you ride.

5561 - 5580 of 5613 Posts