Honda CBR XX Forum banner

5441 - 5460 of 5506 Posts

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
None indeed good sir.
On a side note it did let me get my fan controller dialed in a bit better. Now it's a bit more in tune with the temp gauge.

·
Registered
321 Posts
100895 miles. Ordered a new set of tires and new bearings for the rear wheel. Installed and mounted the tires yesterday. Changed the oil and ready to ride to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Second time this week my bike went into neutral while I was pulling away in town (a bit aggressive) and in both cases the road was a bit bumpy, so the bike sort of bobbled over those uneven patch of the road and suddenly I would hear the bike rev up freely...

Ideas?

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
What's the riding history. Raced or lot of city driving. How I'd your riding style. Is the shifter set right for your foot placement style?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had the bike for almost 40k km's and this happened for the first time, I don't think of myself as an aggressive rider, my average riding speed is pretty lazy to be honest. I do shake it down from time to time, but nothing out of the ordinary. Never messed with the shifter position.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Ok then I'd check the placement next. If that's good then your possible looking at bent shifting forks and damaged gear dogs and slots. But let's think positive and figure the shifter needs tweaking.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If the dogs are damaged, would this popping out of gear occur every time?

I could ride for the rest of the day without any issues, but I wasn't pulling off hard over bumpy road sections :D

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Depends on the amount of damage. I'd check the lever placement first. May have to have someone help. But you want to have it hitting the the barrel stop without having to over extend your ankle. I've found that position is usually just under my foot with it setting level on the peg. So that when your feet up and setting one the seat your toe drops in at the right spot.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
That'll be my next and last purchase for the BB. With the exception of the last suspension bits for the forks. Got to start getting the Camino done

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,788 Posts
That'll be my next and last purchase for the BB. With the exception of the last suspension bits for the forks. Got to start getting the Camino done
I'm going to save this because I find that humorous. "Last purchase "

I did find out how to get the frozen exhaust manifold bolts out without taking the top of the engine apart on the 76 TA! So this summer that's going to happen and a new clutch. Then new speakers and send off the radio and 8 track player to get refurbished.
Here's a pic of the TA if anyone hasn't seen it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had the bike for almost 40k km's and this happened for the first time, I don't think of myself as an aggressive rider, my average riding speed is pretty lazy to be honest. I do shake it down from time to time, but nothing out of the ordinary. Never messed with the shifter position.
Tom, check the clutch is fully free, including the hydraulic action, pushrod etc. Also, the chain and sprockets particularly the drive sprocket.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Here is another good addition that will help your shifting a whole bunch as well.
I did notice they mention "in town clunk" but I do know a way to eliminate it :D when I'm waiting on the red light, I just push my bike backwards a little bit, maybe just half an inch, and the first gear just butters in no sound or clunk whatsoever.

I'll mention this to the service shop and ask them to check. But bees if I understand your advice correctly, it's most likely the shifter? The chances of ruined gears in the gearbox is not realistic? Hope so :D

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Second time this week my bike went into neutral while I was pulling away in town (a bit aggressive) and in both cases the road was a bit bumpy, so the bike sort of bobbled over those uneven patch of the road and suddenly I would hear the bike rev up freely...

Ideas?
Lazy gear change, Not quite getting it fully into second, I do it occasionally,

·
Nige
29 Posts
I've seen these threads on other sites and have decided to blatantly rip them off.

I will start:

Tore the rear shock out to take to my local suspension guru to use as a baseline in the rebuild of my 'blade shock. Pulled all the plastics to find a spot for the shock reservoir, change the R/R to a mosfet unit, and do a bunch of stuff up front. Changed the upper fairing stay as the old one had a slight tweak (anyone who wants the old one can have it for shipping $), fabbed up a bracket and installed my Stebel Nautilus (thanks Twisted Throttle for the on-line install guide, it saved me a bunch of noodling to find an appropriate mounting point), tidied up the gaggle of wiring, relays and circuit breakers I have stuffed behind the gauge cluster, and (finally) installed my indiglo XX tach face. Forks are coming off and new springs and gold valves will go in when they arrive.

Thoughts:

The stock horn is anemic and pointless. My twin Fiamms were LOUD. The Nautilus is GAWDAWFUL LOUD. I love it.

The tach face overlay required a wire be run out the back of the cluster which was made easier by releasing the actuator motor from the PCB. I did this without paying close attention to the motor's orientation and had a 50/50
chance of putting it back in the right way. Reassembled and test fired. Tach now runs backwards. Aargh. Man card revoked. IQ downgraded to "sometimes remembers to breathe without reminding and doesn't drool on self. Much".

So what have YOU done to your bird lately?
Nothing, it wont start...

5441 - 5460 of 5506 Posts