Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5604 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
I can manage to look at the bike whilst being forced to drive the car until my wrist is strong enough to pass the surgeons next inspection. And despite constant needling and repeated wisecracks from Uglystick, I have not washed nor polished the bird.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
And despite constant needling and repeated wisecracks from Uglystick, I have not washed nor polished the bird.
Why bother? You can live the washing and polishing vicariously through him anyway. The whole board probably could, between Ugs and TigreST.

Reactions: elvetost

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Pipes are banged up so did the carbon fiber paint trick. Not bad. :thumb:
Sanded and painted the beetle bags some more. :think:
Put in the 6mm shim i read so much about.
Hope to get my windshield tomorrow fedex.
Got pipes on after work and had to go for a test ride, windshield or no and Yep, cornering improved!:clap:
this 7k number folks talk about.....HOLY LAUNCG FACTOR BATMAN!:freebird:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ride it 100-150 mi/wk -- whenever I wash it it rains!
Nothing gets the angry Jersey bugs off better than a ride in the rain though, so less washing and more riding!

Going for a 'lil ride tomorrow - 500mi out and 500 back on sat -- looking forward to it!!!!

Put a voltmeter on it last week so now the R/R will last forever!

·
CanadianSuperXX
11 Posts
Some of the replies here are hilarious!!! Thanks for the laughs!
Over the past month, I've replaced the OEM levers with a set of black Pazzos (full); installed a set of R&G Frame Sliders (was very sad to cut my plastics), changed the OEM rear pegs with black billet aluminum pegs and hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to install the Scorpio i900 alarm.
Shewie, can you share any pics of your tach?

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Shewie, can you share any pics of your tach?
I think I have one posted in another thread. Lemmie see if I can find it.

How's that? That was taken while the motor was still in backwards, I don't really wring it out like that. If you want one, John at JAWS sells them. You'll have to modify the needle with some colour ( I used nail polish) as it's hard to see on the new background.

·
CanadianSuperXX
11 Posts
Thanks! I've been toying with the idea of doing that but not sure how I will feel with the stark white background. Oh yeah, I alwso changed the rear indicators to smoke LEDs and just ordered an integrated tail light with a smoke lense.

Let me know if you can see the pics from this link: http://2wheelersgroup.wikispaces.com/Member+Mods

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Interesting exhaust cans. What are they?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Follow up to my post what the heck I've been doing? I bought a bunch of cheap parts to just see if the bike would ride at first having bought it as a bent bike with out a stator cover so, ... been spifin, just doing what I can afford. first day to work and some one did some cow tipping in the parking garage so had more bodywork and needed another windshield which CAME TODAY! Rode it yesterday without the windshield and was surprised how little the wind felt compared to the double bubble. HMMM?:idunno: Tomorrow I'll get a chance to test it out. Bike repairs 006.JPG XX 028.JPG XX 032.JPG XX 038.JPG XX 040.JPG XX 046.JPG XX 047.JPG XX 051.JPG XX 053.JPG XX 026.JPG XX 025.JPG Bike repairs 004.JPG XX 003.JPG XX 006.JPG XX 016.JPG XX 017.JPG XX 023.JPG XX 024.JPG XX 054.JPG helmet 002.JPG Got the peg lowering set from Dave and very nice, :clap: the 6mm shim made a difference in handeling but I seem to be a little more friendly with the tank. Is this why they make tank pads?:hmm: Tomorrow its 2nd start at commuting to work with the bird and it WILL BE LOCKED IN MY SHOP!:hotsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Rom, Armstong or Galfer? I have Galfers.

·
Super Moderator
12,547 Posts
Monday rode it 120 miles in the rain.
Filled it with fuel.

Tuesday rode it 120 miles only 80 in the rain.
Filled it with fuel.

Wednesday rode it 120 miles only 20 in the rain.
Filled it with fuel.

Thursday rode it 120 miles only 60 of those in the rain.
Filled it with fuel.

Friday rode it 120 miles IN THE DRY :hyper::highclap::hyper::highclap:
Filled it with fuel.
Washed it (withdrawal from wet bike syndrome).
Cleaned and lubed the chain.
Checked tyres.
Checked oil level.
Checked coolant level.
Checked brake and clutch fluid levels.
Checked all bulbs.
Checked for anything falling off.

But the big news of the week is that 'Daily Bird' has developed A FAULT
Thats right, Honda quality fails yet again.
As I approach 70K miles the clock has started loosing time, 2 to 3 hours a day :down: :crying:

................. new one on me, didn't think it possible for these new fangled LCD clocks to loose time, obviously (and not for the first time) I am completely wrong!
So the big question is shall I spend Saturday checking out the dash leckies :idunno:

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm sure someone here can give a reason for it. I think they use a little piece of quartz that, when applied with a known voltage will vibrate at a known frequency. The electronics use that vibration to count time. I suppose it might be possible that some corrosion has caused the voltage to drop below threshold and the quartz has slowed down, but I'm shooting blind on that.

·
Super Moderator
12,547 Posts
shewie said:
I suppose it might be possible that some corrosion has caused the voltage to drop below threshold
yes that would have been my first thought but it is only a couple of months since I went through the loom when I had 'leakage' issues! I've seen clocks resetting themselves (fuse issues) and stopping work completely due to pcb 'issues' .......... but this must add something to the colour thread, 60 miles this morning in under 30 minutes ...........

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Ordered a rubber stopper for the new Yoshi, thanks Tony. A pair or red anodized passenger pegs from E-Bay to keep the theme going:) My clock is a little out but maybe I'll reset it today. Leakage, I don't like the sound of that. At my age anything to do with leakage is a bad thing.:thumbd:

21 - 40 of 5604 Posts