Honda CBR XX Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 5442 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Finished the install of the new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's yesterday and took it out for a run. I am once again reminded how important good tires are on motorcycles. After 12717 km's on the old pair I can feel that the handling is now back to 100%. It's a nice feeling. I'm rather amazed at the mileage I put on the old set to tell the truth. More normal for me is to change them out around the 8000km mark, due to flat spotting down the middle of the tread.

Tony "new boots" Bagley

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,446 Posts
New Boots said:
After 12717 km's on the old pair I can feel that the handling is now back to 100%
couldn't agree more, I've got 13000km's on my current set and the handling is occasionally 'interesting' due to squaring. New set of Avon Storms fitted to my second set of wheels on Friday so a wheel swap will take place shortly.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Finished the install of the new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's yesterday and took it out for a run. I am once again reminded how important good tires are on motorcycles. After 12717 km's on the old pair I can feel that the handling is now back to 100%. It's a nice feeling. I'm rather amazed at the mileage I put on the old set to tell the truth. More normal for me is to change them out around the 8000km mark, due to flat spotting down the middle of the tread.

Tony "new boots" Bagley
Got the exact same tires now. Love them. Uncompromised handling and grip. I'm not expecting them to last much over 5K for the rear one but at $239 a set from Pete's Superbike, I don't care!

Fly

"Speed is Life!"

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Did This the other day:

New rear Conti Motion Pro as couldn't beat the deal $100.10 to my door.
That's it,,,, got 4000 out my last rear Dunlop Q3, P3, hell I don't know but was there latest designe. So after reading many tire threads here thought I would try this tire.

OH! yes the Adult Beverage in the pix, well,,,, I learned to always put it in a pix for my friend in Oz so that he doesn't call me out and that would be a dude called Ausiekev.HA!
may all have a g,day.
Stex, out
View attachment 44298 View attachment 44299 View attachment 44300

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Did This the other day:

That's it,,,, got 4000 out my last rear Dunlop Q3, P3, hell I don't know but was there latest designe. So after reading many tire threads here thought I would try this tire.

OH! yes the Adult Beverage in the pix, well,,,, I learned to always put it in a pix for my friend in Oz so that he doesn't call me out and that would be a dude called Ausiekev.HA!
may all have a g,day.
Stex, out
hey buddy good to see your getting plenty of lubrication, i like that stex,keep up the good work,cheers kev

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
IMG_6984.JPG IMG_6981.JPG Getting ready to pull forks and buddy calls to go for a fall ride over the pass and through the woods , so once again, bolt her back together and get ready for some fall color. Sun is supposed to shine and be balmy 60 degrees!:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just fitted peg lowerers from John Jaws, worth doing for me, more relaxed thighs. Also left knee stopped licking when changing gear, old age:D:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Previous owner left this bird out for elements to eat at it for two years before I came to it's rescue.

All of these were done over a two month period:
New battery
Mosfet regulator kit (a must have for long term riders imo)
Front fork seals
Motul 10w fork oilOil and oil filter
NGK plugs (wow what a differences new plugs made)
Cam chain tensioner double green dot (still got marbles around 3k rpm?)
Honda air filter
LED in dash
EBC HH front brakes

A note on the plugs, I had a few mornings when my bird felt like it was running on 3 cylinders and when it warmed up it ran fine, also ran rough above 6k rpm in 4th-6th gear, kept looking for a air/fuel problem to no avail, in the end it was number three cylinders plug which had gone bad, it was soaked in fuel when I removed it.

Next up:
LED's front and back
Top box
Dyno

1998 carbie
62000km

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Did This the other day:

may all have a g,day.
Stex, out
Some Hi octane fuel you're drinking there, Stex, lol!

Fly

"Speed Is Life!"

·
Super Moderator
12,446 Posts
couldn't agree more, I've got 13000km's on my current set and the handling is occasionally 'interesting' due to squaring. New set of Avon Storms fitted to my second set of wheels on Friday so a wheel swap will take place shortly.
Wheels and tyres fitted to Daily Bird and whilst I was at it I
Changed the forks - fitted my spare set
Cleaned the Calipers (front and rear) and put together a decent set of pads.
New brake fluid
New clutch fluid
Checked/cleaned/greased the suspension linkages
LEDs in the dash - for the last couple of weeks I have been commuting in the dark and half the analogue speedo has been unreadable for over half its range - all I knew was that the needle disappeared into darkness at 5500 in 6th ..... work that out, I'm not typing the speed!

Tomorrow should be interesting we have a severe storm heading our way 80-90mph winds and lots of rain on my already flooded roads ............ just what you need to scrub in new tyres :rolleyes:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Fabricated a mount for my tablet earlier this week. Really love it. Based on the hex key idea someone else posted. Simple and ideally placed. I use the tablet for GPS and music (via Bluetooth on Sena headset). Once I get where I'm going, I can take pictures. If there is wifi nearby, I can make phone calls and have video conferences via Skype. Very handy. Washed her today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nice DWJ! I would appreciate the bigger screen!
Keep sneakin out for a short spin as the sun gets out. May be done though. List has grown, got the sonicsprings, seals and oil for the fork maintenance. Have the oil and filter for a engine oil change. How long you go before radiator fluid change? 8000 miles this season! Need to service the turn signal actuator again, Right signal not happening. Will pull front chain gear cover for the first time.
May need new set of tires. Replaced second Conti-motion rear and puntured it after 2000 miles. Plugged and holding but... spring may require a set. Heard alot of you guys have the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's. Anyone using 190 that enjoy aggressive canyon carvin? Hows the handling?

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Jetfire,personally on the fluid rad change,if your rad is in good nik and don't have cooling issues i would prob do double or triple of what you have done,depending on your conditions
i also have the pilor power 2CT's 190 and i really cant tell or notice any handling issues from a 180,also have about half an inch of KFC strip,overall
i think it's a great tire.

·
Registered
282 Posts
added rear hugger, and just purchased VFR bars, fit next week. Did 130 mile spin today in torrential rain, time to replace riding gear me thinks

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Wheels and tyres fitted to Daily Bird and whilst I was at it I
Changed the forks - fitted my spare set
Cleaned the Calipers (front and rear) and put together a decent set of pads.
New brake fluid
New clutch fluid
Checked/cleaned/greased the suspension linkages
LEDs in the dash - for the last couple of weeks I have been commuting in the dark and half the analogue speedo has been unreadable for over half its range - all I knew was that the needle disappeared into darkness at 5500 in 6th ..... work that out, I'm not typing the speed!

Tomorrow should be interesting we have a severe storm heading our way 80-90mph winds and lots of rain on my already flooded roads ............ just what you need to scrub in new tyres :rolleyes:
You have been riding Here for the last week, Hahahahaha.

2041 - 2060 of 5442 Posts