Honda CBR XX Forum banner
201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
The feeling you get moving that fast. And knowing I can spin the tires at will. Ohh ohh and the feeling of being hammered into the seat as the front end lifts😁😁😁

Reactions: deadman

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
I like getting pushed back into the seat. After a couple of hours cruising at 100+ mph it all seems normal and no big deal. Until you slow down to 60 mph. Egads! But hard acceleration and torque is a thrill every time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nato and o4xx

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Im Old, Not Slow,
Nothing beats pure unadulterated GRUNT in a big motor,
Mate kept asking me for a drag in his V8 Valiant, Hahaha
I had a V8 Monaro,
I was sitting in front of him, I dropped the clutch and opened it up,
Went thru first second third and then fourth gear, stationary,
Then backed it off till it got traction and then scorched off in top gear,
Showering his car is crap off the road,
He didnt want to drag me after that, Hahahahaha

Reactions: TTXPC

·
Registered
16 Posts
What is it about speed? Why do you think we like going faster and having endless horse power?
its an awful lot of fun...
Im keen to turbocharge the bird, yet its so nice and refined i'd hate to ruin that side of it, yet it seems slightly humorous to me that my mid 60s ford is considerably quicker...:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Im Old, Not Slow,
I had a V8 Monaro,
He got a bit more than he bargained for 😆

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im Old, Not Slow,
I had a V8 Monaro,

"Motorcyclists never grow old!"

Brian, you have aged but you are definitely not old.
Your images and posts are not those of an old man.

Old is in the mind. I don't buy into the artificial, arbitrary age zones imposed by society that define someone as old.

"You are only as old as you feel" ....that internal age, that's your age zone. Nature insists that we age but we do not need to feel old.

Ross

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·

Old is in the mind. I don't buy into the artificial, arbitrary age zones imposed by society that define someone as old.

"You are only as old as you feel" ....that internal age, that's your age zone. Nature insists that we age but we do not need to feel old.

Ross
Well said Ross!

·
Registered
7,014 Posts

Ross
Its all in the mind, Age, My age number is 73, Mentally, Im staying 12 . 5. Growing old has all sorts of problems with it,
Physically about 30 years old, I even give 30 year olds a run for their money, Hahahahaha
I did shed a lot of muscle just before and after I retired so I would continue to live,
I found that out the first year of my Apprenticeship, I went to the annual Blacksmiths reunion
And there were no old Blacksmiths there,
Where are all the oldies I asked, They had died 6 months to 2 years after retiring because they had not got rid of the muscle they had when working,
They told me if you want to live after retiring, Shed all your muscles starting five years before you retire or you will die shortly after retiring,
You also need some thing to keep you very active after retiring, Or you will die,
If you dont use it, You Lose it very quickly,
Considering, I was a skinny bloke at 60, 12 stone, and could put 164 Kgs or 350 Lbs above my head and wave it around like it was nothing,
I needed to get rid of the wiry muscles that I was full off, Which I did over a few years,
Im still pretty muscular but nothing fortunately, Like I used to be,
Last thing I carried that I knew how heavy it was, was a gear box from China for my tractor, From my car into the garage, It was 113 Kgs, That was the shipping weight on it,

Two Rotocuffs and an Elbow that I wrecked when I fell over in May has certainly slowed me down,
Had an operation on the right shoulder to stitch it back up to the bones, That will take about 3 months or so to get it right again,
The doctor that did the op, said to another doctor in the hospital, Im not blowing my trumpet here,
But Brians Shoulder was that damaged I took it as a challenge to repair it, He stitched it on both ends to the bone, 60 mm long tear, He was very proud of himself that he had repaired it successfully,

Then in 12 months, I will get the left shoulder operated on and the elbow, Then I will be good as gold again,
I should be able to ride my Beloved Blue Bird again also,

Cheers Brian,
Port Stepehens Lookout 024.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
God I'd love to ride my bird on an autobahn.

Some research out of Europe shows that there is actually no correlation between road deaths and speed. What causes more road deaths is things like alcohol, drugs, fatigue, driver error, poor roads, weather etc.

I actually think farting along at 100kms an hour is often more dangerous as it puts you to sleep behind the wheel. You brain just shuts down as soon as the cruise control goes on.
Canadians are most certainly welcome in Germany :)

Research shows that a major factor is 'difference in speed'. Meaning speed itself is not relevant to frequency, only to severity. But since people do drive drunken while operating their cellphones on bad roads in poor weather etc, authorities try to put a cap on expenses by minimising severity. Speed, that is.

Yes, the general public is being nannied way too much. Crumbling zones, airbags, pretensioning seatbelts, auto-emergency-brakes, adaptive cruise control, lane-assist, TPMS and the list* goes on. Semi-selfdriving cars are here, and soon the fully-selfdriving people-transporters will be upon us. However, look at it from another angle. People who care little about transportation/FunOnWheels(TM) will quickly migrate into these things. And that, gentlemen, means they no longer pose any risk to the remaining motorists. Us.
Nice.
It also means we'll then be able to get ahead of the tin cans, simply by muscling in on these robot-law-abiding gizmos carrying passengers with nothing to say on the subject. They're PROGRAMMED to give way!
There's a little devil perched on one of my shoulders, aching for a chance to go 'muHAHAHA' as we trample robotic tin cans. I'm worried he might be a bad influence...

I mean; imagine cutting in on one of these autoboxes, making it yield quite abruptly, causing the human inhabitant (aka passenger) to get all redfaced, waving his arms and moving his mouth inside the glass jar while (inaudible to the surroundings) the autotransporters' digital voice kicks in: "Please return to your seat and keep your seatbelt fastened at all times" while playing soothing nature sounds (carefully selected by a committee of [email protected] to combat AIXES (autotransporter inhabitant external-event caused stress symptoms) ). I'd pay good money to give that guy a cheery wave and then leave him behind, still waving and yelling inside his box.

Farting along at 100 is actually going at considerable speed if you happen to drive one of the super-popular microcars. They're everywhere, mostly commandeered by wannabe-passengers. I mean - enthusiasts won't buy a cheap crappy car, so who's buying them? Non-enthusiasts. Wannabe-passengers. Some of these people even take 'em to the motorway, where they occasionally venture into the left lane, slooowly inching past lorries while creating a long queue in the process. Ugh! Or simply going left-lane @ the speed limit "because it's the law". This can really get me revved up.
Move over!

Which brings me back to draconian punishments. In traffic (maybe life in general?), failing to do - or at least try - should have consequences. Darwin. Grumble-mutter-curse...

*) I have a different suggestion: Veeery pointy steel spike on steering wheel, aimed at chest area. Providing a tangible reminder to driver that he really should concentrate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Canadians are most certainly welcome in Germany :)

Research shows that a major factor is 'difference in speed'. Meaning speed itself is not relevant to frequency, only to severity. But since people do drive drunken while operating their cellphones on bad roads in poor weather etc, authorities try to put a cap on expenses by minimising severity. Speed, that is.

Yes, the general public is being nannied way too much. Crumbling zones, airbags, pretensioning seatbelts, auto-emergency-brakes, adaptive cruise control, lane-assist, TPMS and the list* goes on. Semi-selfdriving cars are here, and soon the fully-selfdriving people-transporters will be upon us. However, look at it from another angle. People who care little about transportation/FunOnWheels(TM) will quickly migrate into these things. And that, gentlemen, means they no longer pose any risk to the remaining motorists. Us.
Nice.
It also means we'll then be able to get ahead of the tin cans, simply by muscling in on these robot-law-abiding gizmos carrying passengers with nothing to say on the subject. They're PROGRAMMED to give way!
There's a little devil perched on one of my shoulders, aching for a chance to go 'muHAHAHA' as we trample robotic tin cans. I'm worried he might be a bad influence...

I mean; imagine cutting in on one of these autoboxes, making it yield quite abruptly, causing the human inhabitant (aka passenger) to get all redfaced, waving his arms and moving his mouth inside the glass jar while (inaudible to the surroundings) the autotransporters' digital voice kicks in: "Please return to your seat and keep your seatbelt fastened at all times" while playing soothing nature sounds (carefully selected by a committee of [email protected] to combat AIXES (autotransporter inhabitant external-event caused stress symptoms) ). I'd pay good money to give that guy a cheery wave and then leave him behind, still waving and yelling inside his box.

Farting along at 100 is actually going at considerable speed if you happen to drive one of the super-popular microcars. They're everywhere, mostly commandeered by wannabe-passengers. I mean - enthusiasts won't buy a cheap crappy car, so who's buying them? Non-enthusiasts. Wannabe-passengers. Some of these people even take 'em to the motorway, where they occasionally venture into the left lane, slooowly inching past lorries while creating a long queue in the process. Ugh! Or simply going left-lane @ the speed limit "because it's the law". This can really get me revved up.
Move over!

Which brings me back to draconian punishments. In traffic (maybe life in general?), failing to do - or at least try - should have consequences. Darwin. Grumble-mutter-curse...

*) I have a different suggestion: Veeery pointy steel spike on steering wheel, aimed at chest area. Providing a tangible reminder to driver that he really should concentrate.
Hey, Nato is from Tasmania. I'm the Canadian! :D You are welcome to come and bike our beautiful Rockies (if you don't mind doing Nanny speeds :ROFLMAO:)

Everything in your post is so true. I have no intention of buying a new car with all with all the unnecessary electronic garbage forced on us. Dent your bumper and its $15,000 to replace it because of all the sensors in it, so they write off the car. Break a mirror? Same thing, because they now have 'lane assist' sensors in them!

And there is absolutely no way that I am going to let any car do the driving for me unless I am in a wheelchair! I love driving and biking. It exercises and keeps all my faculties intact! As Deadman said "Use it or lose it".

·
Registered
909 Posts
Its all in the mind, Age, My age number is 73, Mentally, Im staying 12 . 5. Growing old has all sorts of problems with it,
Physically about 30 years old, I even give 30 year olds a run for their money, Hahahahaha
I did shed a lot of muscle just before and after I retired so I would continue to live,
I found that out the first year of my Apprenticeship, I went to the annual Blacksmiths reunion
And there were no old Blacksmiths there,
Where are all the oldies I asked, They had died 6 months to 2 years after retiring because they had not got rid of the muscle they had when working,
They told me if you want to live after retiring, Shed all your muscles starting five years before you retire or you will die shortly after retiring,
You also need some thing to keep you very active after retiring, Or you will die,
If you dont use it, You Lose it very quickly,
Considering, I was a skinny bloke at 60, 12 stone, and could put 164 Kgs or 350 Lbs above my head and wave it around like it was nothing,
I needed to get rid of the wiry muscles that I was full off, Which I did over a few years,
Im still pretty muscular but nothing fortunately, Like I used to be,
Last thing I carried that I knew how heavy it was, was a gear box from China for my tractor, From my car into the garage, It was 113 Kgs, That was the shipping weight on it,

Two Rotocuffs and an Elbow that I wrecked when I fell over in May has certainly slowed me down,
Had an operation on the right shoulder to stitch it back up to the bones, That will take about 3 months or so to get it right again,
The doctor that did the op, said to another doctor in the hospital, Im not blowing my trumpet here,
But Brians Shoulder was that damaged I took it as a challenge to repair it, He stitched it on both ends to the bone, 60 mm long tear, He was very proud of himself that he had repaired it successfully,

Then in 12 months, I will get the left shoulder operated on and the elbow, Then I will be good as gold again,
I should be able to ride my Beloved Blue Bird again also,

Cheers Brian,
View attachment 131914
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
111 Posts
God I'd love to ride my bird on an autobahn.
This is what german lawmakers throw at you. Requirement to carry documentation for aftermarket parts like brake- and clutch-levers. I'd heard it througth the grapevine elsewhere and thought it to be a joke. But it appears to be valid info: If I decide to replace my OE-levers with something else, the replacement parts must carry an ABE approval, and non-native germans like me better be prepared to produce the related documentation if pulled over by die Polizei. I have aftermarket levers from Pazzo Racing, and I'd hate to have my vacation ruined by silly events like that, so I set out to get hold of docs fitting my levers. Here's where the fun starts. Pazzo had this to say on the subject of ABE: https://www.pazzoracing.eu/General-operating-license

So. I'll now go home and remove my levers to examine them for laser-etchings related to said ABE-approval. Then I'll photodocument their existence, write an email to Pazzo, explaining I don't have the invoice (they were on the bike when I bought it...), await further instructions and of course be prepared to pay fees, send the levers to manufacturer for inspection and whatnot.

To get a piece of paper stating the levers are OK.
Welcome to Germany. Papers please...

Why not just buy a new set of [levers + ABE declaration]? Because I don't really like their pricing: Suchergebnisse - Pazzo Racing Europe Onlineshop

So, @Nato, do you have your papers in order?

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is what german lawmakers throw at you. Requirement to carry documentation for aftermarket parts like brake- and clutch-levers. I'd heard it througth the grapevine elsewhere and thought it to be a joke. But it appears to be valid info: If I decide to replace my OE-levers with something else, the replacement parts must carry an ABE approval, and non-native germans like me better be prepared to produce the related documentation if pulled over by die Polizei. I have aftermarket levers from Pazzo Racing, and I'd hate to have my vacation ruined by silly events like that, so I set out to get hold of docs fitting my levers. Here's where the fun starts. Pazzo had this to say on the subject of ABE: https://www.pazzoracing.eu/General-operating-license

So. I'll now go home and remove my levers to examine them for laser-etchings related to said ABE-approval. Then I'll photodocument their existence, write an email to Pazzo, explaining I don't have the invoice (they were on the bike when I bought it...), await further instructions and of course be prepared to pay fees, send the levers to manufacturer for inspection and whatnot.

To get a piece of paper stating the levers are OK.
Welcome to Germany. Papers please...

Why not just buy a new set of [levers + ABE declaration]? Because I don't really like their pricing: Suchergebnisse - Pazzo Racing Europe Onlineshop

So, @Nato, do you have your papers in order?

"general operating licence booklet for your Pazzo Racing brake and clutch levers?" WTF! Might have join Elon on the whatever planet he colonizes first!

Here in Calgary, Canada, I semi joke that soon we will need a license to fart, with more and more rules & restrictions coming in annually.

From a serious point of view, there may be credibility to the regulation. An acquaintance of mine who used to race advised me to never use ebay levers. They are notorious for failing. On the autobahn the consequences could be very nasty.

Stormbringer,, you just have to visit Sweden and take some coaching from 'GHOSTRIDER', so that the cops can never catch you. :)

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
I guess I'll never ride in Germany! To bad... I have aftermarket bags, risers, cruise control, windshield, pipes, and some other things but no paperwork!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

201 - 220 of 223 Posts