Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2005 CBR 1100XX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day y'all.
I thought this might be a good discussion starter given the time of year.
I musta been a good boy this year as I got a new HJC CS15 to replace my old HJC.
Love the colour as it'll match my black & bluebird 馃憤.
So, what U get ?

Attachments

Registered
Cheers to all,

I fell into a set of shortie 'M Tech' boots which I'm sure Santa had put into my mind via Ebay.... then I was browsing in my local bike shoppe and spotted a set of O'Neil carbon look knee-shin strap-on armour......

Just what I needed for the hot summer, thanks Santa, boots are brilliant and the new knee armour is lighter and easier to strap on than my old ones .....(y)

Registered
Got myself a new pair of Shark Protective Jeans(y) I've had Draggin Jeans for years and they worked well even after having a couple of "low speed offs" :cry:
Then couple of years ago I had Bariatric weight loss surgery and after about 6 months I'd dropped my weight by ~30kg and my waist size from 128cm (~51") to 122cm (~48") and given the Draggin's had always been slightly large as I wore them over my work trousers etc when riding most of the time they were way too baggy o_O

Given the Draggin's are quite pricey and I don't ride everyday like I used to and I figured I may lose more weight I decided to try these Shark Jeans as they were ~$100AUD cheaper :oops:
I have been happy with them so far although no "offs" to test them out thankfully, they are a lighter weight denim and Kevlar lining although the lining covers a lot more than the Draggin's. The denim is also a stretchy type fabric so even when I got them they felt a little large :unsure: Anyway since then I've dropped a total of ~47kg's (~103lb) and my waist is down to ~110cm (~44") so got some new ones from Santa :cool: The other thing I like with these Shark jeans is they come with pockets on the knees for armour whereas the Draggin's rely on Velcro to hold onto the armour :rolleyes:
Outerwear Workwear Sleeve Active pants Gesture

Jeans Trousers Sleeve Denim Electric blue

Jeans Trousers Sleeve Waist Thigh

Jeans Leg Human body Sleeve Waist

Registered
2005 CBR 1100XX
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good lookin book leighb.
Where did Santa get it ?
It was interesting looking at the map on the cover as I used to live in FNQ & have done many of those roads around Millaa Millaa, Peeramon & Atherton with the other 'dogs' (Ducati Owners Group).

Registered

Administrator
Be careful lol. Last time I used one of those and went on the 10th highest recommended ride. It sent us down 30 miles of dirt road. At one point there was a sign stating operating on the road was at your own risk lol. My oldest son and my best friend on his 1800 golding learned alot about dirt road riding that day. He spent the next 2 weeks trying to get all the dust out of the bikes body work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts