Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shakennotstirred
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a naked bird and I'm wondering how much weight has been saved over the stock bike.

The 4 in 2 exhaust replaced with 4in1 stainless Yoshi
No linked brakes
No stock fairing/headlight/clocks.
The frontend may be heavier as it Busa upside-down forks.
Busa wheels.
20190817_211423~2.jpg

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,865 Posts
Roll it onto a scale and weigh it. Plenty of places have tariff scales. Then look up stock specs for a bird.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: adeyren

·
Shakennotstirred
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not seen anywhere in the UK that would let you do that. years ago id have done it at work,
but the scales are now airside at the airport so can't get the bike there anymore.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,865 Posts
Roll it onto a scale and weigh it. Plenty of places have tariff scales. Then look up stock specs for a bird.

Oh, we have granaries that semi trucks come in loaded with grain. They have scales. The state police along the interstate highway systems have scales to weigh the trucks to ensure that they are not overloaded. Stuff like that...?

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,865 Posts
A quick Google search for weigh Bridges

·
Registered
404 Posts
simple
take the dry weight spec ( about 230 kg )
and then weight all the bits you removed and subtract
the fairing and fittings will loose you about 12-13 kg and the heavy silencers about 14 kg each plus what you put on

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
Try your municipal dump, they have weighbridges to weigh trade vehicles (i.e. don't go in the public entrance go in the trade entrance)

When I was checking the mass of Duck I went to my local dump and they refused to let me use the weighbridge. So I went back on another day, rode in, parked on the weighbridge and looked at the reading myself through the window. Then asked the operator what their opening times were and then 'by the way what is my bike weighing?' and the operator confirmed the reading I had already seen. :smilebig:

There is also another version (that I was confirming by using the weighbridge)

1. Confirm wife is out and not due to return in the next few minutes.

2. Go to bathroom and get the scales.

3. Lift front end and put scales under front wheel.

4. Place a piece of timber of the same height as the scales under the rear wheel.

5. Take reading.

6. Repeat procedure for rear wheel.

7. Add the two readings together.

The bathroom scales method is very useful if you want to work out the weight distribution F/R of your bike.

·
Registered
175 Posts
:evilaugh:....... all good ideas....... keep in mind the wet weight of the BB is around 260kg in stock trim.... the linked brakes I have been told weigh about 10kgs due to all the hoses and metal parts. So you must have removed approx 50kgs but added a few in replacement bits....... I'd throw a dart and guess your BB is in the 230kg class now...... how does it feel? Like a postie bike? :thumb: Surely the local waste station can give you a reading (with a freshly filled tank?), then all you need do is step on the digital bathroom scales as soon as you get off the bike, and subtract your helmeted jacketed gloved booted mass........ :eyebrows:.

Not sure about the error rates for small mass vehicles..... scales might be designed to work for 1.5 tonne vehicles, so a 230kg bike might not read as accurately as a car (position on the ramp may affect the reading too).

Reactions: SouthTexas11XX
1 - 10 of 10 Posts