Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, i have what looks like a white cream in the clutch housing and cant figure out weather its water in the oil or condensation build up, i have checked radiator and expasion tank levels and they seem fine also given it an oil change, (no water in the old oil found), has any one had the same problem and if so how did they cured it, also is it fine to ride at this stage.
please help pulling im my hair out:huh:
mike

thanks guys think you all confirmed what i was hoping it would be ie; the least expensive of list things it could have been, off now to give it a thrashing and heat things up abit.
thanks again
mike

·
Registered
317 Posts
Probably just condensation... Take a longish ride and then check your oil. Most (if not all) of the water vapor will be gone and your oil shouldn't look like cream.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I think Ironmike has hit the nail on the head.

How far off is your next oil change?

Lois

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
nope sounds like u have a major problem the head gasket is no good
That seems quite unlikely, or he would have found glycol in the old oil when he changed it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most likely this is simply condensation, specially if you live in wet/rainy climate and / or ridden short distances. I used to have a 3 mile commute when I lived in Oregon and had the same experience. Go for a long ride and get things nicely heated up. Also, you can do an oil sample analysis on your oil if you are worried.

·
The Original Bird Watcher
449 Posts
I have the same problem in a vehicle of mine. Appears to be condensation as I get the creamy looking stuff at the top of the dipstick above the oil. I havent lost any coolant. My mechanic also thinks condensation. I wouldnt worry to much. I notice it a lot here especially in winter as it is here now. Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys think you all confirmed what i was hoping it would be ie; the least expensive of list things it could have been, off now to give it a thrashing and heat things up abit.
thanks again
mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts