Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking for a petrol tank, any colour, for an injected bird. Overseas postage quotes are horrendous, so it would probably have to be in Australia. I am after something that is a bit dinged and cheap. If in South Australia or Victoria can pick up.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
There's an '06 Bird for same on this site, in Auzzi. Check the for sale threads. I don't know what you mean by cheap. You get what you pay for. The Bird, for many of us, is a lifetime ownership bike. Other bikes get added and swapped but most of us just can't seem to part with our Birds. Except for those sinners who leave the fold:)

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's an '06 Bird for same on this site, in Auzzi. Check the for sale threads. I don't know what you mean by cheap. You get what you pay for. The Bird, for many of us, is a lifetime ownership bike. Other bikes get added and swapped but most of us just can't seem to part with our Birds. Except for those sinners who leave the fold:)
Thanks for the tip. I have searched the for sale forum but cannot find the post for the 06 bird tank. Do you have a link?

Re 'Cheap', I certainly understand where you're coming from. The Bird is not a fad bike. The only way I got into one, though, was buying a wreck and building it myself. I have since smashed it again and need to get it together in the plainest way possible. Some people are asking $400 on a ebay for a tank which for me is way too much, particularly as I will be repainting it.

Thanks again for help

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for ongoing help. I might be missing something, but I have searched the whole for sale forum but cannot find reference to a bird tank for sale in australia. Might someone post a link? Jon

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
jonono63 have you tried the bike wreckers or dismantlers in the other states,ebay as well .

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I think they are talking about this one:
http://www.cbrxx.com/bikes-for-sale/17510-2006-bird-for-sale-qld-australia.html

But the seller is selling the whole bike, unless you want to pick up the tank for $7K and get the rest of the bike for free. :)

For tanks alone, this person has tanks for trade:WTB/WTT Titanium Tank for an XX - Public Discussion Forums

Or this guy who is advertisng $100 shipped (I doubt he means shipped overseas though)
XX Gas Tank - lower price! - Public Discussion Forums

And I am not sure if it is 99+ tank, but give him a call and who knows?

Good luck.

edit: and of course ebay (as you know) is always available. These are less than $400.
honda blackbird Body Frame | eBay

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help guys. It is a pity it costs so much to ship tanks overseas. It is about AU $250 to send a tank from the UK! Jon

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Its usually only fairings that get a bike scrapped or written off,

So there should be undamaged tanks around the wreckers, Just need to ring around,

·
scoffer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestion deadman. Unfortunately the wreckers are not as well endowed in Blackbird bits in SA as they are in VIC. But you are right, I need to give them another ring around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts