Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Volts at idle?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  beestoys 
Hi all,

I am curios as to what your charge rate is at idle. Mine is whatever battery voltage is, that is it doesn't charge at idle. It doesn't start charging until about 2000rpm. This has never been a problem until I moved into the city (Brisbane). Now I sit idling at lights and the cooling fan just drains the battery. I fitted a volt meter and have noticed that even while riding at 60km/h it's charging at 14.2v and when the fan kicks in it drops to 12.3v. Is this a sign of a weak stator? or failing fan?
I've done all the stator tests and they are good, 60v ac, no short to earth and good continuity. I have fitted a mosfet FH020AA regulator recently with no change to charge rates. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Did you get any where with the volts being a bit low?.
I did the mosfet swap in april I think it was, and if iam out in traffic for a while and my fan kicks in, I get about 12.6v 1,200 rpm.
As soon as I move off though the volts go up.
I even put a new OEM stator £300 plus in at the same time to give it the best chance lol.
To be honest I dont think I can get any more out of it at idle.
1,200revs 13v then fan kicks in 12.6v over 1,800 -2,000revs 14.2v or there abouts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.