Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the info, I did that, the bikes been sitting down for a long time and it was out in the rain, now I cleaned the top portion of the carborator and it wasn't dirty. And I cleaned the bottom portion and it was really dirty. Even though I cleaned the carborator, the bike only starts with the choke on, but dies after 2-3 minutes in. When I rev it, it dies automatically and advice on whats wrong with the bike? Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have nearly same problem. My bird was left abandoned for 3 years out in the rain.
With mine it has something to do with the breather: when I open the fuel tank cap the engine stays running.
If anyone could give a hint on how to get this solved I would be greateful...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
If you remove the tank you will see 2 pipes attached ... one a bit thicker than the other. One of these is the breather and the other is the over fill run off pipe .. Can't remember which is which off the top of my head but removing or replacing these should solve it. Personally I'd change both of these pipes as they take a beating and the ends tend to get crapped up from the chain fling and on one bike someone had plugged the pipes together!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts