Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed light as to the correct routing of the vacuum hose on a uk spec 2000 model bird? every so often mine throws a wobbly in that she behaves as though there is an airlock in the tank preventing fuel flow. When I removed the tank for the winter strip and service i noticed that a vacuum pipe was not connected anywhere. Further investigation found a nipple on the left side beneath the injectors with a piece of pipe on as though the pipe had broken. I've looked along all of the pipe and one end appears to go to the tank, but what's confusing me is that there is a T piece in that goes below the engine like a drain? It makes no sense for a vacuum pipe to go to atmosphere or am I missing something obvious? Haynes manual is not very clear on this. Any help welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Can't help with the hose routing, sorry. However, re: your symptoms... "throws a wobbly, like intermittent fuel flow" may have other causes.

1. Check all electrical connections including ECU. Clean with electrical contact cleaner.
Disconnect battery first before checking.
Make sure ECU is strapped down properly. Key switch or stop/start circuit may be giving intermittent signal.
2. Has loom fix been done?
3. Possible fuel pump/fuel filter problems
4. Charging system/ battery issues. Best to add 12V meter to dash to monitor voltage. Low voltage will give your symptoms.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good points. I've got her totally stripped down at the moment for a big winter service and am cleaning all connections onwhilst rebuilding it. I can see the vacuum goes to the tank with it being FI and having no
tap, it was when I saw one end going to atmosphere that it did'nt make sense.
Thanks for reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts