Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a diagram I can follow from the fuel rail, to the tank, all hoses etc.
I just pulled everything fuel related and installed new pump, cleaned out the tank. It was lined with rust.

Been at it for a week now, I'm wrapping it up today.
But I need to make sure my hose configurations are set correctly.

especially with these two sticking out from the tank.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Helmet Gas Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system

M~

·
Registered
385 Posts
The large tube out of the tank is the overflow from the tank filler cap area, push on fit, no clips. I think it vents to the ground in front of the swinging arm.
The small tube out of the tank is the air vent from the top/inside of the tank, in the US it probably connects the a filter system before it vents to air. Push on fit, no clips.
The screw fitting out of the fuel pump assembly is the pressure supply to the fuel rail.
The tube fitting out of the fuel pump assembly is the return to tank, I think from the fuel pressure regulator. Hose clips on this hose

·
Registered
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The large tube out of the tank is the overflow from the tank filler cap area, push on fit, no clips. I think it vents to the ground in front of the swinging arm.
The small tube out of the tank is the air vent from the top/inside of the tank, in the US it probably connects the a filter system before it vents to air. Push on fit, no clips.
The screw fitting out of the fuel pump assembly is the pressure supply to the fuel rail.
The tube fitting out of the fuel pump assembly is the return to tank, I think from the fuel pressure regulator. Hose clips on this hose
Awesome and Thank you. I did figure it out though. 😁 I wanted to make sure I had the fuel flow direction standby

·
Registered
385 Posts
No petcock that I know of. Your filter is fitted into the return line.
You could take the feed pipe off the other end of the fuel rail and make sure you are getting fuel at the banjo fitting when you switch on the ignition and the pump primes. Hold the pipe into a container to catch the fuel.
If you hold a finger and thumb over the banjo fitting you should be able to feel pressure, I think the regulator, at the other end of the rail is set about 40 to 45psi. These have been known the fail/leak.

·
Administrator
9,496 Posts
FI's don't have a petcock. The big tubes the drain port for the filter neck overflow. The little ones for the tank vent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts