Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I removed the Upper Radiator hose off so I should know its routing ...but now that I'm trying to fit the new, upper radiator hose back on the bike, I'm mystified. And it is a OEM Honda hose and matches the original.
The spigot from the radiator points straight into the head of the engine and the only place I can see a hose might go is between the frame and the engine head. --But there seems not enough room to allow the hose to be any where near its full diameter. And then, just aft of the head is the right side coil and there's almsot no room between it and the frame ...does the hose go below the coil?

Here's a few photos; in the first two I've kept the radiator spigot in view for orientation.
The third photo is looking forward from the engine compartment and you can see the right side coil.

Anybody have any photos of their engine compartment that might have this upper radiator hose in view?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHH!! Thanks for the photo.
I'm enlightened!
It goes on the outside of the frame. For some reason I had this idea all the hose were to be routed inside the frame. --That and I never miss a chance to complicate things with overthinking.
...I was heading in this direction; I'd just noticed the layer of foam on the inside of the right, lower cowling had a imprint in it of that hose which made my "inside the frame" idea unworthy.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts