Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through some threads on this forum and I saw this:
FPR - uneven idle could mean a faulty FPR

All of my last four bikes has been a bit uneven on idle so I eventually figured it was normal. But seeing that makes me wonder what FPR is.
It might be a stupid question but I hope someone will enlighten me. What does FPR stand for and what is it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old thread but I'm hoping for a response :) Does the FPR from Partzilla fit on all birds? They couldn't send that part to Norway a couple of years ago but it looks like they might now sol I'll try to order one if the shipping is not extremely expensive but they have two. 16740-MAT-E01 and E02. What's the difference?
So I've been reading through a few old threads and one says that the 01 has a higher pressure. What would you guys recommend? I have a 2000 model.

·
Registered
949 Posts
According to partzilla, 16740-MAT-E01 and E02 are both first generation FI (1999-2000), ie low pressure.

16740-MAT-E21 and E22 are both second gen FI (2001-2003), ie higher pressure.

Maybe partsguy, or others can confirm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
According to partzilla, 16740-MAT-E01 and E02 are both first generation FI (1999-2000), ie low pressure.

16740-MAT-E21 and E22 are both second gen FI (2001-2003), ie higher pressure.

Maybe partsguy, or others can confirm.
"Failed to find shipping options for your order" so I guess they still don't ship here. Bummer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
David Silver Spares (UK) can order one in, a lot more expensive than the one from the US

You'd need to get in touch with them to find out about delivery

Image of 16740MATE02

16740-MAT-E02
REGULATOR ASSY.. PRE*D

This part will be special ordered in for you.

Delivery time should be between 5 - 7 working days depending on stock availability.

*if delays are anticipated in sourcing this part we will contact you as soon as we can
Part No
16740MATE02
16740-MAT-E02

Price
£107.07
(£128.48 inc vat UK)
Approx
€ 124.20 | $ 152.04
¥ 16609.77
Quantity

Stock
Special ordered upon request

·
Registered
949 Posts
Partzilla is not the only honda oem supplier in the states that carry this part for $65 US. Some may ship to your country. Worth checking before spending EU 125.

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
Or worse comes to worse one of us on this side of the pond sends it for you.
As to differences it's just in the pressure values. The newer is 7#'s higher. Which gives a better atomization of the fuel. Which usually equates to a better idle and throttle response. It'll make it run a bit richer which may or may not be an issue
You can always step up to a K&N air filter and an aftermarket exhaust to lean it back out😁

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Partzilla is not the only honda oem supplier in the states that carry this part for $65 US. Some may ship to your country. Worth checking before spending EU 125.
I know. But I haven't found any that ships here without it costing me a ridicolous amount.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Or worse comes to worse one of us on this side of the pond sends it for you.
As to differences it's just in the pressure values. The newer is 7#'s higher. Which gives a better atomization of the fuel. Which usually equates to a better idle and throttle response. It'll make it run a bit richer which may or may not be an issue
You can always step up to a K&N air filter and an aftermarket exhaust to lean it back out😁
I have a stock air filter and stock exhaust and I would like to keep it that way :) But if someone across the pond could send me a new E01 or E02 FPR I would be forever grateful. I have no idea how much shipping costs but I can't imagine $100+. I think the cheapest I found from a store was almost $150 in shipping and that's ridiculous..

But I'll try from David Silver Spares first. Thanks @Punts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts