Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike failed the Mot today :crying: because of an offside kick up, turns out im running with a German headlight. I have phoned every breaker on google and nobody has any! does anyone have a spare UK spec headlight they dont mind selling?

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
This sounds slightly strange your avatar says 2001 bike
Generic Euro Bikes had the flat beam (doesn't dip either way) from 2000
The flat beam came fitted to UK spec bikes from 2002. (so yes well thought out Heisti we can and do use flat beam lights)

Is it clearly a 'right dipper' from the pattern on the lens?
Have you tried adjusting the problem away?
If it is a 'right dipper' most MOT stations will still pass it if you tape over the area of the lens that produces the right dip - not an ideal long term solution but it keeps you on the road whilst you search for a flat beam light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Duck is spot on with the tape idea. I've done for last ten years with an import katana. Worse thing the MOT can do is advice that a deflector has been fitted to the headlamp.

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
The Duck is spot on with the tape idea. I've done for last ten years with an import katana. Worse thing the MOT can do is advice that a deflector has been fitted to the headlamp.
duck tape.jpg

:O Sorry couldn't resist :D

Reactions: elvetost

·
phastasphuck
1,248 Posts
when are you going to sell your headlight? in 15 years or so? ^^
plank !!!! I've got another one in the new front end for mine so will be flogging headlight, mirrors, fairing lowers, screen but that wont be until the end of this month

1 - 9 of 9 Posts